Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cazoo Players Championship ITV4 February 7 to 13 Wolverhampton

• 31-01-2022 9:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

Ronnie v Trump is a tasty last 16 tie Tuesday 8th Feb 7pm

Monday February 7

7pm

Neil Robertson v Kyren Wilson

Mark Williams v Gary Wilson

Tuesday February 8

1pm

Zhao Xintong v Barry Hawkins

Yan Bingtao v David Gilbert

7pm

Ronnie O’Sullivan v Judd Trump

Mark Allen v Ricky Walden

Wednesday February 9

1pm

John Higgins v Hossein Vafaei

Luca Brecel v Jimmy Robertson

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I bet Hawkins is looking forward to playing Zhao Xingtong in the first round :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,901 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Surprised to see Jimmy Robertson there

Apparently selection is based on " 1 year Ranking List ".

If you scroll down that seems to be based on prize money., where JR is in the top 16.

So that's kinda random really isn't it because it all depends on what prize money was on offer which differs from tourney to tourney.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,901 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Yeah, I know it's based on the one year list. I just don't recall seeing him get that far in many tournaments but apparently he has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

What a pink by K Wilson at end of 87 break to go 3-3. Rarely see them go in at that angle and that pace.

3-3 struggle for Willo against G Wilson.

• Advertisement

Few complaints about the tables set up there in a new venue. Main table seemed to be rolling off a bit and Willo not at all happy with slowness of table 2.

The big one on tonight, shortly. Ronnie v Trump

Fancy Ronnie to up his level and take it 6-2 or 6-3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Genghis

Ronnie has opportunity to be No.1 again if he wins this championship. Gotta think he will be up for it. Usually follows a poor tournament (Champ league) with a strong outing next time.

Am looking forward to this.

Just tuned in and jinxed Ronnie to miss that red. How have they been playing standard wise so far?

Gwan Ronnaaayy!

• Advertisement

Great standard before the interval. 97% pot sucess and Judd still 3-1 down. Still good after the break, Ronnie could have had it won by 9.10 if the red had of gone in last frame.

Gwan Ronnaaayy!

Ton with left hand 😊

Edit: potted the yellow lefthanded to bring him up to 100 points - not the whole break

Interesting what McManus was saying about Ronnie's adjustment in his cue action, not that I noticed. My theory is that if you make an adjustment it makes you concentrate on it a bit more than usual but the improvement effect wears off over time.

You nailed it Arthur, 6 - 3 win for Ronnie.

No complaints from me that the old guard are still hanging around. Great stuff by Ron.

You have to wonder if Trump is ever going to get back to the level he was at a few years ago. Maybe he should make a cue action adjustment :D

Ronnie and Judd almost played a 4 frame mini session in the time Higgins v Vafaei have played their opener.

Walden playing with a bit of a spring in his step. Nice century.

4 - 2 to Williams.

That was an interesting opening red by Williams going into the pack to get on the black. 50/50 that would work out as nicely as it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Are O’Sullivan/Trump’s post match interviews from last night available anywhere anyone know?

I take it you've tried YouTube? Didn't see any myself, tuned out when the match was over.

edit: no actually, coverage went over to the Allen match straight after. Didn't see any interviews.

• Advertisement

Did not fancy that red to middle at all.

Reprieve for Walden

Williams imploding since 5-2. Happened to him recently, I think at the Masters, 5-3 up, collapsed and lost 6-5.

Oi RICKY!

Willo fairly chucked that away.

Ahh what a pity the way that ended after Mark potting that great long red to get on the black. Walden deserved it though from what I'd seen from the point I started watching.

Barry Hawkins has dispatched both of the German Masters finalists now. He's some man for beating the big hitters in the early stages of a tournament and crumbling when he gets to the SF or final.

Neil Robertson lookin' well for 40! Must be the vegan diet...

They both could pass for 30. We sure are a long way from Bill Werbinuik and Alex smoking fags and boozin it up till the wee small hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

I'd be surprised if Neil didn't go on to win now, Sullivan too cavalier at times with his safety and what he takes on, then again I'd never rule him out either.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Frame 8 is ridiculous. I think Robertson is in bits but going to fall over the line.

Knocked the black off the table, can’t remember the last time I saw that in live play

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

Expected Ronnie to get that red to middle. But he's just been off the boil tonight.

Advertisement