Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cazoo Players Championship ITV4 February 7 to 13 Wolverhampton

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Jimmy Robertson struggling to get over the line for a big win.

Always think he is Scottish with a name like that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Battle of the Robertsons tomorrow!

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Huge win for him.

Who knows what could happen. N Robertson seems a big favourite in the last 4, but you'd never know which of the others could get the big win.

No doubt the Hawk will put in a stronger performance in the final here after the disappointment at the Masters.

Not going so well for UK Robbo here.. just tuned in at end of last frame (5), and Jimmy had a chance to reduce the deficit to 3-2.. a bit unlucky with safety in leaving Neil a hit on the yellow, and that really put paid to Jimmy's chances..

4-1 down now.. missing that easy red to corner pocket won't help his cause either... a few more pots away from 5-1 up, is Neil; and a bit of luck in not potting that pink into centre, when potting red there..

oi oi - Jimmy's back in.. not over yet.. Gwan Jimmy! some life left in frame 6 yet..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Neil under no pressure what so ever, not even playing half as good as he can and still Jimmy is no threat. I no this was always likely to be the case but he's had his chances.

Deja vu for Hawkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Last 2 frames for Hawkins, hang on in there Barry son.

Great comeback to stay in touch, be easy to let the head drop after that great spell from Robbo, both are playing well.

Could be in for a close one if the quality stay like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Any idea what the referee said to Hawkins? McManus spoke over it. It was something about Mark Selby and 'breaking it'.

• Advertisement

It was something to do with the amount of reracks I think.

Its been quite comfortable for Robbo, Barry has done well to hang in there but that's all he's doing unfortunately.

At 5-7 the Hawk needed to get his skates on, but at this stage it looks all over. Robertson has been impressive all week.

Easy to criticise Hawkins but he actually did very little wrong, Robertson was almost unplayable today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭AllForIt

That was some pink by Wilson, though I'm not convinced he played for that position on the black as it turned out, rather he knew the white was going in that general direction.

That yellow by Robertson which I didn't see at the time was awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 HeavyLift

Played very well.

Few bob on him for the World Championships.

World Championship 2022 Winner

• Judd Trump 4/1.
    • Neil Robertson 28/5.
    • Ronnie OSullivan 7/1.
    • Mark Selby 19/2.

You have to oppose Selby really, and Trump seems well out of sorts. Wouldn't surprise me to see John Higgins get a 5th World title

Dunno about those odds.

Trump way off his best at the moment, Robertson always struggles at the WC, O'Sullivan may not be up for the 17 day slog and Selby off form and talking about mental health issues.

Higgins, Bingtao and maybe Hawkins to make the final possibly good value.

Should be a could WC this year, looks very open, Selby and Judd not really playing well, you have Yan and Zhao in the mix this year and even though Robbo is in great form he has historically underperformed in the worlds, you have Ronnie/Higgins/Williams still floating about, wouldn't rule them out either, very hard to predict.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 HeavyLift

Fair shouts.

Usually put a few quid on Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Wouldn’t surprise me to see Higgins lose in the final. I’d be shocked if he wins.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement