Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent solar/battery operated outdoor light?

• 31-01-2022 10:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a decent solar/battery operated outdoor light, that is as powerful as a wired in light?

does such a thing exist?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭Bricriu

www.thesolarcentre.co.uk for good solar-light outdoor lighting.

Though they don't claim that their outdoor lights are fully waterproof, I've had one on my house for the last 3 years in rainy, windy Connemara and it stills works well.

If possible, position the light unit on the lee (sheltered) side of your house; obviously the solar-panel will have to face south, or as close to south as possible, to catch the sun in Ireland.

My light came with a 2 metre cable to connect light-unit with solar-panel, but I ordered an extra lead to allow me to have a longer lead between light and solar-panel.

Be sure to insulate join between the two leads with good quality tape; baling tape used by farmers is good, but you can get good tape in an electrical retailers too; It is called amalgamating-tape. Use it on the light too, to seal any places where rain might get in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Advertisement