Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee & Walnut Cake

• 01-02-2022 3:27pm

Any recommendations for such a cake either in a shop pre-packaged or should I really be looking to buy a fresh one?

(Dublin)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭phormium

How's your baking skills :) This is a really easy recipe https://www.odlums.ie/recipes/coffee-and-walnut-traybake/

If you have no baking tins buy some of those disposable tinfoil trays and just butter and flour it. Will need a mixer though, hand held electric is fine but hard work to do by hand with a whisk.

I have to confess I have never bought one other than a slice in a cafe occasionally but you can't beat a freshly baked one, I put in way more Camp coffee stuff than the recipe suggests, I like it strong! You can also use any coffee you have, needs to be made extremely strong with min water and left cool, can add to cake and icing instead of the Camp coffee.

Thanks.

Don't have a mixer unfortunately currently.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Our local coffee shop do a rather nice one, but they are individual small cakes, rather than a big one or slices.They are supplied by MUD bakery.If that helps.😁

Mmmmmm........i got very peckish reading your post.

Definitely 100%with you re 'loading' up on the coffee!!!!!!

No walnuts and not quite the traditional type coffee cake but ended up getting this for the occasion that demanded.

Very tasty - would recommend.

Not a long dated product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭phormium

Bag of chopped walnuts stuck on top and you're sorted :)

That is a good company, around a long time and make nice stuff. All the better not being long dated!

Advertisement