Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are EIR these days?

Options
  • 01-02-2022 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

Recently upgraded and need a plan with 5g. Eir seem to have the cheapest rolling plan with 5g at 14.99 pm. I am bit wary of switching to them given peoples past experiences with them. Any other alternatives with good 5g plans?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Also wondering this. Currently paying €35pm with Vodafone and considering moving ti the 14.99pm eir plan

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Cork981

Much improved network than what they were. I'm with them now for €9.99 unlimited calls, texts and unlimited 5G. I was with Vodafone for years as they were much superior but Eir has certainly caught up. They've completely upgraded most masts to 4G/5G and deployed a few hundred new masts in cities and rural locations.

They also offer 4G and wifi calling which is great for indoor call coverage. I was with 3 for awhile which was faster in some locations but not as consistent and reliable as Eir.

It all comes down to location though, they could be shocking in your location.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Eir as a phone reception service or eir as custoemr service in general?

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058082030/are-eir-really-as-terrible-as-the-reviews-are-saying

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Cork981

Bundled with home broadband, 150mb for €29.99 and 2 SIM only accounts for €9.99 each.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Bargain. Nice touch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

• Registered Users Posts: 69,006 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'd imagine its using Gomo (eir network, eir owned) and signed up two price increase ago. Its 14.99 now but people on the intro prices keep them for life - or so we've been told!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭WoolyJumper

Bit the bullet and switched over about a week ago. Switched in store and in fairness the staff were fantastic. No problems with the network so far either. Once now there is no issues with billing I will be a very happy customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Does anyone know if you can switch sim only plans within Eir, I'm looking to move onto the 9:99 plan above, I'm already on it but from when it was 19:99 last year and due to go to 34:99 shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

Not sure about switching from a higher price plan, but I renew my SIM only plan each year, and Eir have consistently renewed at the €9.99pm rate each year since I went on it about 5 years ago. However, I have to call them once a year when the contract is expiring - otherwise it would go up to €19.99. Well worth the phonecall to get the deal. You can't do it online - you must call them. This is a fantastic deal, and now includes 5G - but it is only available if you bundle with Broadband/TV.

Advertisement