Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Scratch Cups 2022:When do the 'top' courses have theirs?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Veltom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Wont be advertised until closer to the day but the Lumsden is traditionally on the sunday of the August bank holiday weekend.

It's a nett competition overall but there are gross prizes also. HC cut off around 6 or 7 usually so two good scores required to feature. Got great weather last year for it, certainly makes the day when you're playing 36.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 One_up

Last year the limits were 3.5 - 9.5 for the Junior Scratch. Imagine it will be the same this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Is there confirmation on the Tralee date? Trying to plan ahead, if its possible I'll do that one, but Dooks as back up isn't the worst

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Tommo 76

I think Tralee: Intermediate 7th may, junior 21st may and senior 25th June. Not sure on cut off or handicap ranges for either.

As far as I know the Junior (21/22) and Intermediate (7/8) for Tralee and ballybunion fall on the same weekends one the Saturday one the sunday for both courses (and dooks is the same day as ballybunion for intermediate).

• Advertisement

Cheers. Just reised I wouldnt be able to make the Dooks weekend anyway so fingers crossed my handicap index gets me into one on the weekend of 21/22 now

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭The Guru 123

Could we get this thread stickied and perhaps renamed as somewhere to update on all scratch cups senior, junior, intermediate?

Would be a great resource

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭gripcasey

Balbriggan Golf Club have there Senior & Junior Scratch Cup 36 Holes on the 03 July

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

Roganstown have their senior, junior and intermediate cups on the monday 2 may(Bank holiday Monday)

Douglas GC:

Intermediate + minor May 11th (Sunday?) - hc 11-17 (int) and 18+ (minor)

Junior June 4th hc 4-10

Senior Sept 17th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Deporhostia

Yeah that's why I put the question mark there, but that's what was up on their twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

See this on Facebook earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭plumber77

Tralee intermediate timesheet open 4th April. Handicap 9.6 to 18. Date 7th May

Tralee Junior Timesheet open 18th April. Handicap 2.5 to 9.5. Date 21st May

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭The Guru 123

Any more upcoming senior scratch cups?

Portmarnock's AJ McCabe and Walker cup player Caolan Rafferty playing in virtually dark conditions in the play-off to decide who will win today's 36 hole Laytown and Bettystown Senior Scratch Cup. Already on the 4th sudden death hole.

And Rafferty wins the tournament in the fading light, thanks to a birdie at the 4th sudden death play-off hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Tralee intermediate 9.6 to 18 (no drop downs) is open since yesterday and at 60 euro is great value plus Dooks is the day after.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭fungie

What does no drop downs mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭big_drive

Like say a 22 handicapper decides they'll play even though they are above the handicap range. They drop to a 18 handicap for the day I think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 cathalreilly89

Anyone know if any scratch cups on in Minster this weekend? 9th or 10th of April? None of the said cups are posted on Golf Ireland! Thanks would love Rosa penna but can't travel that distance

Any word on the Ballybunion scratch cup? Nothing mentioned on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cathalreilly89

Nothing yet no. The intermediate is up for booking alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Lucan Golf Club Jnr and Snr Scratch cup on Sunday May 1sj. Timesheet opens Wednesday. 36 holes. Details on FB page.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭The Aul Switcharoo

Just went to book Tralee scratch cup and brs says it was cancelled when you click into it. Anyone know anything about it?

Probably due to people in golf clubs generally aren't very good with computers and set it up wrong. I fully expect them to fix it at a random time and lots of people will miss out.

Yeah, it was fixed an hour later. Got a time anyway. Now hopefully get a time for ballybunion

I managed to get one of last spots. Still infuriating though, not opening at the advertised time. They should've reschedule the release for a few days later to be fair. I'd say a decent number of people checked at 9, seen the error and thought they will fix it after bank holiday or re-advertise.

It looks like it opened up at 9am UTC, which is 10am our time.

I think it was an admin mess up who had set it up on brs. **** happens. Can't wait for May myself. Have RCD and Tralee booked. Hopefully ballybunion too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭plumber77

Ballybunion junior open this morning.

Only players with a handicap index of 3.7 to 10.6 can enter this competition.

Stroke competition from Blue Tees.

Advertisement