Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Scratch Cups 2022:When do the 'top' courses have theirs?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭plumber77

Totally agree with this. These places could easily stop running these comps and fill up those days with green fees, long may it continue.

Same issue off some of the tees, 11th and 16th especially. Played with a member and he was telling me its very rare anyone plays off the blues. Nice to see it from a real golfers point of you. Wind definitely made it a few shots harder. My 86 turned out to be a counting score and got a little cut for it so happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moycullen14

86 is some shooting on that course. Well done. It would have been about 20th? Safe to say my score won't ever count towards handicap :-).

The slope, 131 off the blues, is a complete joke. Should be at least 10 higher

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Golfer365

Some spaces still available for Junior and Senior Scratch Cups in Shannon Golf Club this Sunday June 26th. Both 36 hole competitions. 061-471551

Balbriggan Senior & Junior Scratch Cups Sunday 3rd July. Both 36 holes €55 incl. lunch. Shotgun starts. Few places still available. 01-8412229 ext. 1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,747 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Anyone know when entry for Lumsden opens? Or when it is? Can't find any info on it

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Alanm

It's on 31st July. They sent out a mail a few days ago to say entries are open. If you PM me an email address I can fw on the details...

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Just saw they released info on their website this afternoon, cheers though. Anyone know what tees it's normally off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Whites. It'll be a good test but you wont be off the tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭IAmTitleist

Any reason why it's only open to members of a club in Leinster?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Genuinely did not know that was the case. Run solely by Royal Dublin for the last decade or so, was a GUI event before that so cant imagine it was always restricted to Dublin clubs. Strange that it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,008 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

For anyone interested!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭SEORG

Another for next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DerBrad

One for the bank holiday weekend perhaps:

The gaps in those categories are brutal imo

Can’t imagine any enticement to play if you were off 10.2 for example. Not like Donabate would be a bucket-list course, so cheaper price wouldn’t entice

Good chance of a nett prize off 10.2

Same can be said for any handicap for the nett one in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Donabate not a bad track at all but probably 10+years since I played it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭willabur

I have PTS from interclubs matches at Donabate, tight fairways make you feel super claustrophobic especially against auld fellas who punt 175 yard hybrids down the middle of the fairway like its a bowling alley

Posted in wrong thread initially but can’t delete post

Are the Mount Juliet Junior and Intermediate Scratch Cups only on the Friday next week?

Seems a tight fit for those two comps. Would’ve loved to have played but fully booked out obviously

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Just giving this thread a kickstart. Any good ones fixed on the calendar yet?

There's a thread below this for 2023. Couple of junior cups listed there

Advertisement