Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal loan decision taking longer than expected

Options
  • 02-02-2022 11:25am
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2

Hello, I applied for a personal loan last Thursday but I still haven’t heard anything from you and the tracker hasn’t updated.

Is it possible to get an update in case I need to send you documents?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us today.

The Team are working through a high volume of requests at the moment and will send updates on the application to your email address.

You can also contact the Team on 0818200334 and a colleague will have access to your application. Team are available weekdays 9am-5pm.

Sorry, we have no access to the applications here.

Many thanks,

Alison.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I applied for a loan last year and was waiting 2 months for any decision. The lack of communication was terrible.

After a week or 2 I had to ring and was told it was being processed. After another 2 weeks I had to ring again and was told that more documents were needed but I had received NO contact to tell me that was the case. Following that again nearly 3 weeks later I had to ring again and was told that the approval documents were sent to me but they were not so had to be done manually while I was on the phone for over an hour.

So if you have not done so already, please give a call otherwise you could be waiting weeks again.

Also BTW, my application tracker is still showing as In progress on step 3, so the system is rubbish

Typical banks wanting more documents.....please tell me you didn't tell them the colour of your underware.??

I had a similar suitation afrw years ago where infelt they were taking the piss with a car loan...I told him right to his face ...you can either give me the loan or not ..It won't bother me.......they gave me the loan on the spot.....that's the attitude you need with these charlatons.they need you to borrow to make money...if you feel they are asking to many questions tell them to get lost and you will get the money somewhere else.

• Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2 johnstowncc2021

Just to follow up it took 9 working days in total. I got an email saying it was approved and got sent the documents to read and sign online. Everything went smoothly for me and I didn’t have to get a million different things for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi,

Thanks for coming back to us and we're glad to hear this has been resolved.

Declan

• Advertisement
Advertisement