Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sausage making

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭lenscap

The secret to any mincing is to have the meat very cold and it can help to have the mincer attachment cold too.

I use a mincing attachment to a Kenwood, a very old machine (38 years) but I fitted a new 1000W motor 9 years ago. The Kenwood mincer attachment is all metal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

Yep. I keep the attachments in the freezer for about an hour before mincing. Meat goes in there for an hour or so too. It makes a world of a difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Also, and I can't stress this enough. Keep the star shaped cutting blade SHARP !!

Resharpen every half hour or so depending on the type of meat your mincing. It makes a world of difference and makes it much easier on your mincer as well.

Would you sharpen it with a regular sharpening stone? I may need to do this soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭Kat1170

I just use a diamond sharpening stone like this. Place the cutting blade flat on it and a few small circular motions has it nice and sharp. Just keep an eye on the blade edge as you sharpen, no need to over do it.

• Advertisement

Have the same one. I’ll do it next week before my next batch

Advertisement