Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stupidest question or post ever posted on boards.ie

• 02-02-2022 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭

What was the Stupidest question ever asked here? What was the stupidest post ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

This one time, a poster asked about the most stupid post…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

Wasn’t there a post by a girl asking her mum to call her or something like that? Vague memories..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Packrat

Has anyone ever even gone so far as...

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭manonboard

The best thing ive ever seen on boards was some guy pretending to be a girl, invited another bloke around for some midnight fun. I think it all started on boards. Guy had driven a long way to show up.. It was all recorded on video. He was begging at the door to come in. It was a very different community back then. A bit more wild west. Any pranks were allowed. Was really fun.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Oh wasnt that the user "Bubbles", the man that sold a lighter as a "CD Burner" etc :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭manonboard

YEAS!!! ah they were very funny time. Everything on the site was just taking the mickey. There was a lot less polarization that lasted more than a debate. A booming social scene too. I met many good chaps and girls through the site back then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 912 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

I remember someone trying to say that settled people were responsible for dumping rubbish in halting sites and that's why they were always covered in filth. Not only the stupidest post I've ever read, but one of the most dumbfoundingly stupid thoughts ever conveyed to words in history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,119 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I remember a thread many years ago in the Motors forum about road safety. Someone posted their belief that every road in the country should be made dual carriageway with a barrier down the middle to separate traffic driving in opposite directions to reduce collisions. It obviously sounds like a joke suggestion, as it's completely and utterly unfeasible, unnecessary and daft, but in the context of the thread, it seemed to be serious. Seems they were a learner driver with not much experience of driving, or life.

Another poster in early 2020 - one of the paranoid wingnut types either here or in CA - posted in all seriousness that they had correctly predicted the crash in 2007/08 and that they knew for sure that there was going to be an even bigger one in November 2020. I think they had it down to a specific week. They had a number of vague and questionable reasons as to why this was going to happen - specifically unrelated to the pandemic, as I recall. Anyone who questioned them was dismissed as a complete fool for denying the inevitability of their prophecy. Obviously, it never happened.

I think one of the problems is that it's very difficult to separate out the legitimately stupid from the wind-up merchants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Notmything

Realitykeeper? Always predicting doom and a return to barter or some such nonsense.

Some of the stuff in the Conspiracy forum can be pretty out there.

But the winner for me is a repeat re-regger in the astronomy forum who keeps posting about the phases of the planets or something, science being wrong etc

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

• Registered Users Posts: 12,926 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I remember around summer 2020 someone posted that Covid was gone from our society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

It took 8 posts for traveller comment to be made. I remember when every boards thread didn't descend into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Ballycommon Mast

In Summer 2020, a good few people had got it into their heads that lockdown was a cure for covid rather than a temporary measure to give hospitals time to prepare and not get suddenly overwhelmed .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The OP and myself must have the same mindset. I was thinking about posting a inane tread , just to see where it went. 🤔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

It actually does happen. I knew someone who used to dump his rubbish - and other people's rubbish that he collected for money - at a halting site. Fridges, washing machines, mattresses, you name it. He wasn't a Traveller himself. His logic was that the place would regularly have to be cleared up by the council regardless because the people who lived there were at it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

was it an active halting site, as in with people residing in it? Just an assumption but I'd imagine these sites are occupied for the most part so I'd also imagine it would be extremely difficult to dump a heap of stuff unnoticed, especially regularly. Halting sites are also quite secure, they are not open accessible spaces. Find this very hard to believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Everything ever posted by Mr Feg ???

Most of the covid stuff is fairly stupid ......

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,145 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

For me, some of the most stupidest posts I have ever read are the sort that make you question if they've ever left their house at all. You know, those no cop on, not living in reality posts. You get a lot of that in here tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Ballycommon Mast

Those were more common over on digital spy forums UK in my experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭ablelocks

contender from today in Bargain Alerts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

Yes, it was at the entrance to an active halting site, where the residents' wheelie bins were stored. Aside from a height restriction, it was completely accessible. He'd pull up late at night, dump his rubbish and leave without ever getting caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

I'd be very skeptical of that, to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Someone once asked 'how do make a post on boards?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

My 44 year old son spends 15 hours a day playing man child games in his bedrooom is this normal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Had a look at my old threads started and almost died from cringe. Going by the time of day I posted this, and the year being one where I was studying, I know what state of mind I was.

Is it true that farmers who have 'show cows' use washing powder, like Daz or Persil, to get their cows' appearance up to show standard?

Also claimed on the MMA forum that Ronda Rousey could beat most male bantamweights. Moronic comment that still managed to age like milk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Don't be too hard on yourself, you were a seven year veteran of Boards at that stage, your earlier work must have been something else 😁

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

Wasn't there a post in Motors about a cigarette lighter or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,417 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Anyone (and there have been a fair few) who complains about big business or the deep state spying on them and claiming to live off grid.

All posted on an internet forum.

Add to that anyone who believes the 5g myth but is addicted to posting on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Freddie Mcinerney

Some said she beat Mayweather. Got knocked out by a girl in a few seconds.

I'm going with Connor were silly posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Freddie Mcinerney

Squid thinking he is intelligent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement