Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three data question

Options
  • 02-02-2022 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to use a pay as you go three sim card in a mobile router I have. I see on their deal for €20 a month PAYG it says unlimited data and it then says subject to a fair usage policy with a *. Looking at the terms and conditions I can see no reference to what is their fair usage policy on data, just calls and texts are mentioned.

Does anyone know do they throttle you or have a cap on the amount of data on their unlimited data PAYG plan?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭17hmr1

I've been using that €20 PAYG for 10 years now with zero problems of throttling no matter how much I use.I have the card in a Huawei router.It really depends on what the 3 signal is like in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭Goose81

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Three could start enforcing if they want to but so far they've never done so. With 60% of the country on their network they're managing well to keep adding capacity.

Advertisement