Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salvia Nemrosa - Would they come back

Options
  • 02-02-2022 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

I had salvia nemrosa all over the back garden and had planted may last year from 3 ltr plants and they grew quickly with flowers till early autumn .Since then I missed pruning them resulting in deadwood and decided to remove the deadwood during winter / early jan . Not sure if I should have left them as is and if there is any chance they come back this year ?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

Yes they come back for me, I find them short lived and there is usually a few casualties. There won’t be any signs of new growth yet so hang tight.

Things I do with Salvia over winter is: mulch thickly, leave the dead growth, make sure they’re not waterlogged and they’re more likely to succeed.

I also take basal cuttings during the year so I can replace lost stock.

One of my absolute favourite flowers!

Advertisement