Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting help on undergraduate project

Options
  • 03-02-2022 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hello,

I am doing an undergraduate ecology research project on the Natterjack Toad. There have been previous surveys carried out in the past on the Natterjack Toad carried out by consultancies or researchers for the National Parks and Wildlife Service.

Anyway, to cut to the chase, their methodologies are very simialr to mine, a similar data layout (both Monitoring projects), so I envisage I would have similar data analyses also. I am currently planning the best way to analyse the data but I am at a loss at the moment. Would it be wrong to get in contact with the authors of these past publications to bounce a few questions at them on how they approached the data analysis? I obviously wouldn't plagiaraise, all the discussion and results interpretation would be my own.

TL;DR: Is it frowned upon to ask an expert in the field from outside your college/degree for advice on an undergraduate project?

Advertisement