Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotting Scope

Options
  • 03-02-2022 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

I have a little scope that I think cost me about about €20 a few years ago. It has taken a few knocks and has started to come apart.

I use it quite a lot and I think I can justify spending a few quid on a decent one.

I use it around my own place and when I'm out and about in the wilderness, mostly to watch wildlife or to satisfy my curiosity about an unidentifiable something in the distance. I suppose I use it where other people would use binoculars. One of my eyes doesn't work properly so binoculars don't make any sense for me. The bad eye works just enough to make using binoculars a real pain in a way that I can't even explain.

Any recommendations?

I need it to be robust enough to be carted about in a side pocket of a backpack and not too complicated to use. Budget is flexible.

Advertisement