Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist Covid charge

Options
  • 03-02-2022 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭

Looking for opinions here.

iv booked an appointment with my dentist for a check up.

I’ve 100% cover with my insurance and now the dentist has informed me that as a result of Covid I have to pay a €15 Covid charge

ive asked them to detail what the charge is for, specifically given this is a dentist and PPE would be the norm

is this common?

its a well known chain with branch in galway

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

No such charge with my dentist in dublin. Shop around!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Was at my own dentist 2 weeks ago and there were no charges for covid.

You could ask your insurance company will they cover the entire cost. But if I were you I would just find a new dentist as Im not a fan of those chain dentists. Went to one before and over 4 visits I saw 3 different dentists so there was no continuity whatsoever, you just got given whoever was working that day. Plus a lot of the dentists were young and inexperienced, one girl stabbed me in the lip several times with a very sharp hand scraper. Long term I think you are better off having a regular dentist so when more tricky procedures like extractions or root canals come up you are not left wondering about the competence of the person doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭gipi

I have been attending a periodontist in Newry, who applied an extra £30 charge per treatment over the past 18 months. While the staff normally wear PPE, there was a lot extra used in the clinic rooms (on pc screens and keyboards) and, presumably extra cleaning was carried out between patients.

The sting for me came when I asked them to complete the Med2 form to claim tax back. Revenue don't allow you to claim the cost of protective items in this circumstance, so I couldn't include the full charge in my tax return.

I'm still being charged £10 extra per visit for follow up visits. No idea when or if it'll be dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

thanks everyone.

i am getting the same dentist as I usually get but yes I suppose your right.

i googled it to see if it’s common but all I can see is links to the chain

personally I think it’s bull as they already have had to have a high level of PPE

no point making tariffs for c19 as an opportunity

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Green Finers

Is known as the things that people do when they take pictures??? SMILES! …. No I meaned CHEESE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

Advertisement