Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development - Rathborne Boulevard D15

Options
  • 03-02-2022 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi

just wondering is anyone considering purchasing a home in this new development?

We currently live in Royal Canal Park so we have a good knowledge of the amenities etc. in the area.

We are also aware of the future developments planned for the southern end of the site.

Looking forward to hearing from future potential home owners.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Any idea on availability and any updated pricing?

Last I saw was 3 bed terrace at 475k for 105sq m and 485k for the 102sq m semi d. Pricing looks high and just looks to be trying to harvest the HTB grant. The 4 beds look much better value in comparison at the 540k mark.

The blocks of apartments that are going to be built to the rear would put me off aswell. The pricing just feels on the high side but very few new builds inside the M50 I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 markyk20

When I expressed interest all 3 beds were sold in phase 1 with the remaining 4 beds at €540k and €555k.

I was told that the help to buy incentive is only applicable to the 3 beds in the development.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 househunter22

I currently live in Castleknock. So I am very much interested in this development. My only concerns are antisocial behaviour around the area and the proximity to the train station. Does anyone have comments on this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭JDigweed

In my experience there seems to be more anti social behaviour at Castleknock Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 swFilho

Do you mind sharing why did the block of apartments being built put you off? I'm planning to buy one of the houses there ( at the back facing the buildings ) but I have no much knowledge about the Irish houses market.

One concern I have is in the future when the new buildings are finished selling the houses become hard and prices fall big. Do you think that's the case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 ziggyziggy

Hi, did anyone got to book/reserve a house in Phase 2 of Rathborne Boulevard? I've been trying to contact them for few weeks now, as the sale was going to open today/tomorrow, but no luck -- they keep not returning my calls nor emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Firstly, the houses look great and any supply being delivered inside the M50 is great.

Just find it a bit curious that they are getting the houses done and sold at high prices and then the planning is there for 6 blocks along the canal with blocks ranging from "2 to 14 storeys". If you're at the back of the houses, will the light into your property be unaffected, what extent will your garden be overlooked?

Look, it'll likely be fine but given the model of social housing provision being undertaken by the state at present with HAP, enhanced leasing etc, who is going to rent these apartments that get built and likely forward sold to a REIT/Fund? Given the clamour now to build everything everywhere and the commentariat deriding anyone who expresses concern as a nimby etc, it just seems a bit of a risk that the neighbourhood will change five years down the track. Just my opinion on some of the concerns I'd have with tying up the bones of half a million in a property in this location.

There's no way I would pay that amount of money to be overlooked and have the sun blocked by a block of apartments. I nearly bought a house further over in royal canal bank until I found out about the apartment blocks going between the houses and the canal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭MacronvFrugals

Have they started building the new 14-storey block yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jambalapamba

• Advertisement

These are all great points, thanks for that. I did find the shadow plans in DCC website it says the buildings won't affect the light coming into the houses (please see attached). Per your experience, how trustable are these reports? If that report can be trusted sunlight isn't gonna be a problem after the buildings are built, in terms of being overlooked I don't think there's a way to have privacy as other houses have their back windows facing the gardens.

The main thing that concerns me as you mentioned is the social housing part of it, as there's going to be a lot of apartments allocated to that. To be fair, as I said I don't know much about it and I'd be very frustrated if I end up spending 500k+ in a family house that in a few years it's beside a messed up place with lots of anti social behaviour.

For those wondering how the state will look like after the buildings are up, see attached.

Anywhere can have anti social behaviour. Not just social housing. Generally bigger developments will have more.

Thanks for sharing!

Can you share the source for these?

thanks for sharing! Can you share a source for these?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 darkwater88

Hey, did you end up booking a house in rathborne?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭horse7

@darkwater88 Nope, phase 2 sold out! It seems the price and big buildings being built beside the new houses aren’t stopping the buyers.

Phase 2 sold out last Thursday/Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭JDigweed

The one facing Laurel Lodge Green.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

While the housing market is currently a joke, to be fair, this is the only new development inside the M50 that people can qualify for the H2B scheme with. It will probably be the only one until something happens with the market also.

Did anyone here end up booking in the development?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 glen84iris

We are hoping to move into our 3 bed house in phase 1 in August/September

Hi glen84iris,

I am in phase2 with Nov/Dec snag date. Do you know if there is whatsapp group for the developement?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

I'd be curious about this also. Live in RCP currently.

Similar here. We are in phase 2.

We’re told snagging en of September… im interested in joining a group as well.

I can setup whatsapp group Sent you guys PM

Hi, I’m phase 1 I would also be interested in joining group

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rbvnrarb

Hi,

Congrats to others who have booked.

We booked in phase 2, and would be very interested to join the Whatsapp group, please DM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 JsBonner

Hi, there is a WhatsApp group for people who have secured properties in Phase 1 and Phase 2, if you want to DM me your number, I will have you added to the group.

Advertisement