Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BTEA Suspended without notice

• 03-02-2022 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hello,

Just looking to find out if this has ever happened to anyone? My BTEA payment was suspended today without any notice at all, so I called my local intreo and they told me that the means test review that I submitted last month was missing a bank statement from an old account I don't use any more but can't close since it's in negative balance. They said they sent me another letter regarding this statement but I never received it? The first I learned about it was when I checked my bank account this morning to see no payment had been received. Can they just do that? I would have been fairly fecked if I didn't have people I could borrow from. They have my email and phone number so I don't understand how they don't contact me before ceasing my payment.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,029 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Seems very harsh but unfortunately the department does suspend all sorts of payments if all information requested for a review is not submitted. DEASP used to request a recent bank statement but it appears they now request recent bank statements from ALL accounts customer have. So its no longer acceptable to submit one account statement if you have more than one account.

You mentioned an old account, when you say old, how old , normally the department seeks statements going back 6 months for all and any accounts. You can request a statement from the old account regardless if you've not used it recently. I'm sure when submitted, your BTEA will be reactivated assuming you meet the eligibility criteria.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement