Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment - Builder handover with issues

Options
  • 04-02-2022 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello. I'm new in Ireland and I bought a new-built apartment in Dublin in 2021. The complex has only a few apartments and the last apartment is closing in a week time. I don't know what will happen but I heard that the builder will handover the site. However, there are issues like:

1. Electricity hook-up for the lights in car park;
    2. Some cracks and painting issues;
    3. Management service fee;

As far as what the residents here understand is that, there are three parties: builder, management agent and us (the residents). Before hand-over, the residents have basically no right; and that the "management agent" is current "owned" or "recruited" by the builder.

For point 3, when we closed the deal in mid-2021, we paid a year management fee. Now the beginning of 2022, the management agent is asking us to pay a whole year of management fee. But I was told by the solicitor that I should have credit that bring forward to 2022. This means, the builder is still holding the credit. Even worst, what we learnt is that the agent is supposed to be paid by the builder in 2021 for his fee but was not been paid.

My question is: when the sales of last apartment is concluded and when the site is being handover, what we can hold and asked the builder to resolve the issues before the completion of handover? We asked the agent and the agent said "nothing we can do". Is that true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

Nothing, boom is back. Get a painter to doll up the shoddy work and drive on.

Advertisement