Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon delivery missing package

• 04-02-2022 4:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭

Bit of a strange one, but here goes

Amazon driver tries to deliver a package with noone home, I recieve a text to say package left under car and open but everything there (should be 2 items)

I arrive home and find package, but only 1 item inside. I check cctv and can see driver, with the package open at the door with only 1 of the items visible inside.

I contact customer service and explain same, stating item wasn't delivered in full, package open ect, they say they will be intouch via email.

Almost Immediately I receive an email saying they have checked with the warehouse and courier and are happy package was delivered in full, and then give a spiel to contact police and forward report details to an email address.

Instead I forward images ect of the driver and package to the email explaining what's happened, and that it must have been lost in transit as it hasn't been stolen post delivery.

A couple of days go by and no reply, so I contact chat again and get the same spiel, contact police, there is nothing amazon can do, no reasoning ect with them.

Item value is circa €30, so not an arm and a leg, and at the same time I don't want the hassle of going to the garda and practically wasting both our time trying to report a theft when I don't think there has been any post delivery at least, I suppose a credit card charge back is an option as I can clearly show it not recieved, but fear I'll get the boot from amazon in this case.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had similar happen and how they got on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

If you are a regular customer simply tell them that the service is appalling and you didn't expect the goods to be delivered opened with item missing.

Ask for a manager to chat to.

Let them know that if it is not rectified you'll simply close the account.

Advertisement