Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming a software engineer

Options
  • 05-02-2022 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys I recently decided I want to pursue a career in IT particularly in software engineering,

I have been doing as much research as I can trying to figure out what is the best was to go about this as I’ve no history with programming or anything like this I have found two course which I like the look of but was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of what would be best I can only do a part time course as I can’t afford full time study

the first is a degree in computing and it(software) with the open university

but this course has its downfalls it’s 6 years long and quite pricey

the second is a diploma in full stack software development with ucd and the code institute

this course is only a year long and considerably cheaper

also does anyone have any other pointers to help me put my best foot forward in this industry

many thanks

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

Advertisement