Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise Personal Retirement Bond Annual Charges

• 05-02-2022 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Just looking for the lie of the land. Have a PRB setup as a result of leaving a company pension scheme from changing employment. Have a Pension broker local to me that manages this through Cantor Fitzgerald. He’s pretty good with sharing investment reports and analysis. Most of his clients go through managed funds but I have an execution only trading account. My charges annually are €3000 yearly and pay €15 per trade. I have about 25 company stocks and probably buy and sell about 4 times a month. The Cantor dashboard pretty crap by comparison to my Trading212 account t for personal trading. Have about €40k cash as reserve and this costs €19pcm. I have no way of knowing if these charges are good enough, what’s the competition etc. Any advise would be helpful. Fund currently worth around €300k.

Add on: The bank fees for cash at €228 pa and trades at €15 per transaction separate to the €3k charges paid to Cantor and Aviva - think the PRB with Aviva as had previously been with Irish Life.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Doesn't sound like an execution only arrangement.

If it is it's horribly expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭md23040

Are you aware of any low cost options for managing a PRB as execution only?

Advertisement