Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical grill repair Limerick

• 06-02-2022 5:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of an electrician in Limerick who could fix George Foreman grill?

It's working but need to hold it in a certain position, otherwise the electric supply cuts off.

Of course if repair cost is high than I am better off getting a new one.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,271 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Have you checked the basics, like the plug connection? Could be a lose/displaced wire inside the plug though a lot of appliances come with a sealed plug these days. Check the other end of the plug cable too that goes into the appliance in case that has a loose or frayed wire inside the casing. A professional will probably charge the same or more than the cost of a replacement appliance, just to look at it. Unfortunately with most small appliances these days if it's not something cheap to fix or fix it yourself then it's usually more economical to replace than have repaired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thanks, Bazz26.

I did check the basics for a loose connection. But it seems one of the hinges are loose and will require a professional help. I will give it a try again though.

Advertisement