Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Host.ie Default DNS MX settings for Mail

Options
  • 06-02-2022 8:26pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Apologies if im not posting this in the right place, but does anyone know what the default DNS MX etc information is for email for a domain hosted with host.ie ? years ago i had a website domain setup with digiweb hosting and I got on board with google apps when it launched, so removed\edited the original email settings in cPanel for the domain to point at google apps for my email. I now what to change this back, but i dont know what to change.

Ive opened a ticket with host.ie two weeks ago, emailed them, nothing. They are useless. was hoping maybe somewhere on boards might know?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,996 ✭✭✭opus

Never used host.ie but at a guess it's probably the mail server they have themselves.

nslookup
    > lserver 8.8.8.8
    Default server: 8.8.8.8
    Address: 8.8.8.8#53
    > set type=mx 
    > host.ie
    Server:		8.8.8.8
    Address:	8.8.8.8#53
    Non-authoritative answer:
    host.ie	mail exchanger = 10 host.ie.
    Authoritative answers can be found from:
    > 

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Thanks , I actually figured it out by guessing myself. Well, educated guess , because I actually had a second domain with them and I just copied the IPs etc for that domain changing the domain name where it was mentioned.

they still never got back to me on my emails to tickets logged. Useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If they don't reply to support queries why do you stick with them?

I don’t know really , how do you move domains to another hosting is it difficult ? I don’t have any actual websites setup on the hosting at the minute, it’s more I don’t know how to move I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Sorry for delayed reply - looks like I'm not getting email notices from here for some odd reason :(

If the domains aren't being used for hosting sites then it's pretty easy to move them. You just get the domains unlocked and the EPP key from the current provider and give that to the new one. And if that's a bit daunting the new provider should be able to guide you through the entire process

Even if you have active websites / email etc., switching provider is doable, but it will take a little bit more planning to avoid disruptions and headaches

• Advertisement

Thanks a lot , I think ill move they still haven’t replied to me. Though if moving involves them doing something or providing me with something It won’t be easy !

Advertisement