Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There is something amiss with me

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Out of interest are you male or female OP?

Females often hide ADHD, it's commonly known.They just know how to mask it societally from a young age, but it does eventually come out.

Also why does it "have " to be a specific thing?The last 2.5 years have been beyond stress, I can only see how bad they really were looking back, the impact they had on both my behaviour and those around me.Don't discount that, maybe it's just that simple,on top of all the other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Hey OP, this is Gabor Mate, he’s written exceptional books , including really insightful stuff on ADHD and anxiety etc. He talks on this about Ritalin effects on himself (he has ADHD).

His books are fantastic. I’ve tried a fair bit of his compassionate enquiry therapy. A lot of it is about reconnecting to our bodies. We have a tendency to try to numb our body’s sensations and warnings instead of listening to them and try to see what our body is asking for (quite often with me it’s rest).

I’ve learned an awful lot more about my physically/emotionally sensitive body/self.

Stress is a killer but we all react differently to it. I get invigorated by it even though I hate it and it’s dangerous. I’m better at managing my life now then I ever was, that doesn’t mean it’s all perfect or couldn’t be unsettled by a life event.

Advertisement