Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheque clearance

Options
  • 07-02-2022 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I deposited a bank of Ireland cheque into my account via ATM today. My balance updated immediately but not sure whether that means funds are cleared for use or not. How do I confirm that the funds are available?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi micventer,

Thanks for your post. Domestic cheque lodgements will post to the account on the date of the lodgement and the cheque then takes 3-5 working days to clear. If you log on to 365 and select your account you will see the Available Balance just below the overall balance, this will only display if there is uncleared funds or an overdraft permission in place. The Available Balance will update when the cheque has cleared.

Thanks

Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1 trinacheile88

Hi! I lodged a cheque to my account last Thursday evening. It was a Barclays cheque but from the branch in Dublin and the amount on the cheque was in Euro. I saw somewhere else that Barclay is considered a foreign bank? I ask because the cheque hasn't cleared yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there,

Once the cheque is drawn on a bank within ROI this would be classed as a domestic cheque and takes 5 business days to clear after date of lodgement.

Hoping this helps,

Many thanks

Alison

Advertisement