Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace ballast for fluorescent light

Options
  • 07-02-2022 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

My bathroom has a fluorescent ceiling light (TC-DD, 28W) that is very slow to turn on, and the problem seems to be the ballast. I would like to replace it with a new one, I have browsed a bit but I didn't find one that is exactly the same. How do I know if a different one is compatible with the light I have?

Do I need to get one that's also for TC-DD lamps. Does the wattage have to match exactly or is a higher/smaller wattage ok (I have seen some that are rated for 26W according to pictures but sold as compatible with 28W bulbs)? Anything else I should look for?

Of course I can buy a new, different ballast and a new bulb to match it if it comes to that (but I'd need to find some with same shape and similar wattage, I'd rather not change the fitting or make the room much darker/brighter!).

A picture of the ballast is attached.

Comments

Advertisement