Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a new bank account for Irish citizen living in Spain

Options
  • 08-02-2022 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi,

I am an Irish citizen living in Spain, is it possible to open an account ?

I will be in Ireland in April, but do I need an Irish address to open an account there ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi there,

Thanks for your post.

To apply for a non-resident account with us you would need to have a financial tie in Republic of Ireland. A financial tie would include - salary paid by Irish employer, pension payment from Irish Government or Irish pension provider, purchasing property or receiving inheritance. If any of these apply to yourself, you can start an application by calling our non-residents team on 0035314044034 (9-5 Monday to Friday).

If you are moving to Ireland in the next six months, our Coming to Ireland Team can help with setting up an account before you move. You can request a call from the team using the Contact Us option here.

Thanks

Tara

Advertisement