Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wednesday 9th February 2022

• 08-02-2022 9:05pm

4.00 Ludlow

NOT THAT FUISSE 9/2 PP/Lads/Boyles win , SOLOMON GREY 7/1 PP/Lads/Boyles win .. there are other bookies 😋, and 5s can be got on former, and 15/2 and 8s are available on Solomon Grey...

Dutching them at prices quoted will give a return of ~9/4 if either oblige... nowt wrong with that for smallish stakes 😊

Will dutch these two hopefully (all things equal, and prices are favourable tomorrow), and hope one of them's good enough to win this 'Open Hunters' Chase'

Think the fav Pont Aven is way too short at odds on here. Not That Fuisse has never won beyond 2 1/2m , but I think he can stay this close to 3m trip here on good ground; as he showed he's possibly capable of, when staying on over 2 1/2m at Ayr last April. He came 2nd then, and it was on good going he ran on. Didn't do so well lto on a similar trip as tomorrow's, but there was a deal of soft in going description...

Solomon Grey has a layoff to overcome, and has left Skelton's yard, so harder to be cheerful about his prospects. A 2nd placing at Uttoxeter last May is what I'm hoping he'll replicate tomorrow.

Thedellercheckout probably wants softer, or needs to lead. Always wary of backing one what looks like they need to make all/most..

The jockey on the jolly, Alex Chadwick, has only had about 4 wins from over 100 rides under rules; and Pont Aven I don't think should be the price he is, if it's solely based on his 3rd lto at Killarney, when racing o'er 2 1/2m.. Screams 'gammy jolly' to me anyroad..

😊 Gluck

Comments

8.00 Kempton

FRED BEAR 9/1 PP/Boyles ew

Has a win and a few placed efforts over hurdles. Not guaranteed to stay 2m on the flat.. furthest he's tackled in 6 runs on the level was over a mile and a half two runs back.. He was a staying on third that day, and that was his best flat run to date.. good enough for me..

EL PACO 10/1 Lads/Boyles

Another one that has never ran as far as 2m,. Came fourth in the race where Fred Bear came third on his lto run. An improvement for step up in trip would see him go close..

Longshot Pick

SEVERUS ALEXANDER 40/1 PP

3rd placing at Lingfield in November would give him a squeak here..

There doesn't appear a lot of pace on in this Class 6 heat, and the ~ 10/3 fav Aleatoric will possibly lead.. I don't think he'll be in front at the finish, and may even finish out the places here. Worth a place lay at 8/11 or shorter.. is zero from four at the course too...

😊 GL

Dolcita (12.45 Fairyhouse)

Ile De Jersey (13.00 Ludlow)

Khatwah (19.00 Kempton)

6/1

Dolcita is up against it running against Darren's Hope, but if the other two don't win...

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

^^^

Dolcita (12.45 Ludlow Fairyhouse 😊)

Ah yes! Apologies

Can easily happen 😊

Fair play putting them up! GL with your treble :)

• Advertisement

2.30 Ludlow

Very difficult to find the winner of this 6 runner affair. Could nearly give them all a chance.. Would be wary of backing Chambard ~ 16/5 as may want softer. Something has to be favourite, but Isolate ~ 5/2 has never won over quite this far (2m. 4f.) , but he's never ran over this far either, and is only 6.. Quoi De Neuf ~6/1 is risky as he followed up a very good run at Taunton two runs back with a poor one there lto.. Gortroe Joe ~ 13/2 looks like he has to lead, which leaves him vulnerable I feel, with possible competition up front, as well as the probability of being caught late on, if he does get an uncontested lead..

Pen landed on CREALION 4/1 Boyles/Lads , as he appears to be on the improve (tho he hasn't yet won a race) , has come 2nd over C & D in a similar race, and, at 6yrs old, he looks like he could be capable of more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

A few quick picks today, I'm trying to avoid the "paralysis by analysis", so I'm only looking at a few in each race in Kempton.

4:55 Maiden - pass on this one, not much to work on.

5:30 7f Hdc - worthy favorite Almodovar Del Rio based on his last two runs, goes off the same mark, same trip and same class but his visit to Kempton on slow/std surface was only ok, and he's still to win a race; Exceling won very gamely last time, has likeable attitude and step in trip should be fine, bidding for the hattrick. The other one that catches my eye is Judy's park, she has never been beaten very far and I have a feeling she might chase Excelling home like last time, place possibilities @11/1.

Skipping the 6 o'clock race for obvious reasons and onto 6:30 1m hcd - only 5 runners but a great toss up between 3 at the top of the market. Favorite Arenas Del Tiempo probably found last race in class2 a bit too hot last time but she only dropped out the very end, strong claims now down in class and her previous race producing further winners.

7:00 7f hdc - favorite Khatwah might defy 5lb rise for her last win but my eyes are on Eyes who chased Khatwah home last time and now is much better off in weights than the favorite and might flipp that form.

7:30 12f hdc - Supersonique only faded in the last furlong after being in front for the most, maybe more cunning ride by Hollie tonight will get her closer to the top. Yorktown's last 3 performances look solid but he's been tipped by the famous Hugh Taylor and the price is gone.

8:00 it's a 2 miler, wha? me non comprendo jumps distances in flat races.

Dolcita wins at a trot.

If only all trebles started off like that.

I'm settled on the these three: 5:30 Exceling, 7:00 Eyes and 7:30 Supersonique. GL and have fun!!!

I had Galop De Chasse (13.30 Ludlow) on my docket with the above three but took him out at the last minute as I had a twinge telling me Heronord is gonna wing every fence and win on the bridle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

Not betting but if I was there is a few I'd be backing.

In the 1.30 at Ludlow the fav galop de chasse at near 11/10 looks exceptional value to me. I have it priced at least 8/15. The horse has run a lot in heavy and I'm convinced it likes soft - good/soft in contrast to heavy. It won well on soft to heavy 3 runs ago, then pulled up on heavy then a good second on softish. 2nd lto beating the fav into 3rd. To me this looks a walk in the park. The second fav in this race - cenotice is exposed and seems to be going down hill rather than improving. I honestly think galop de chasse will hack up here.

7.30 Kempton

€1 ew outsider pick

SANTORINI SAL 50/1 Boyles/Lads/PP

A very poor race this. Pick was the first one I found at a decent price that has a squeak. 19 runs without a win, but there's a few in this that have yet to get off mark. This 5yr old mare has had 3 runs beyond a mile; and her lto run, which was over C & D, was pretty decent looking in regards to her having a chance tonight. She ran a bit keen that day too, where she finished 6th, and this being an 'easier' Class 6, makes her a viable place contender (hopefully) at least.

Not been down to shop since earlier on but best to go with bookie going 4 places.. Boyles may be - according to oddshecker site..

The only other that I was interested in was in the 2.45 at fairyhouse, hms seahorse. Short enough at just a little over 5/6 but I have it 4/9 at least, I think it'll win well. Horse was consistent on the flat but was beaten numerous times at very short odds and seemed very hard to win with. Went hurdling with it ran excellent 3rd and good second. Best thing they did was put this over hurdles. Again, I'll be very surprised if this doesn't hack up today and keep improving.

Just watching the racing here. The horse in the 4.0 at Ludlow - pont aven looks excellent value at 6/4. Ex Willie mullins horse and is in good form. I had it priced 4/6. Looking forward to seeing this horse run here.

In the 6.30 at Kempton, the fav arenas del tiempo is getting heavily backed, currently just above 5/4. I wouldn't touch the horse here. Dropped in class but I just get the feeling it had it chances and actually won a race not too long ago. The horse I'm sure will win again in time, but just can't see it happening here. I'd be laying here, just can't see it winning.

The last horse of the evening I had an interest in was khatwah in the 7.0 at Kempton. The price is after dropping a litt, but even at even money as it is now I think its good value. The horse seems to like the slow surface at Kempton and Wolverhampton. If they weren't going to attempt the 3 in a row I get the feeling they would have taken the horse to Lingfield or Southwell and layed it. The horse is in form, it's a small weak race, the money is down and looks a steering job to me. Surely has to win.

No luck for me in Kempton appart getting my money back (almost) on Eyes, I backed them all e/w. I can't figure this Kempton thing at all, it's easier pick a winner in Dundalk, and I'm not joking 🤣

A poor day yesterday.

All told 😋

WD Hello 2D!

all won 'comprehensively' 😊 nice treble that

Advertisement