Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grants for laying hedging and tree planting

Options
  • 08-02-2022 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

I have approx 5 acres of cut away bog on the side of a hill and plan to plant trees and hedging all along the boundary fences. I like downy birch and will mix this in with the hedging.

I am not a farmer but doing it as a hobby and for environmental reasons. Are there any grants available or anywhere I can get the trees and hedging for free? Plan to start planting at the end of the month.

Don't necessarily want to plant the whole 5 acres as want the flexibility to put in a couple of sheep and goats to graze in future.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Look up 1 million trees in 1 day on line. Not sure if they are still doing it this year, but the trees were free.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Advertisement