Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying house in Adamstown stratton square

Options
  • 08-02-2022 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello All,

I have shown an interest on a resale house in Adamstown Stratton square. I would like to have some feedback about the community and safety in the area for a family with kids. Any inputs appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭MSVforever

Hi Prads,

The house you are looking at is in one of the newer estates (Alderlie) in Adamstown. The road itself is very quiet.

Not sure if I would be spending €365k for a 3 bed mid terrace house which cost around €280k when they were built 4.5 years ago.

Overall the location is very handy. You are 5 minute walk away from the train station where they are currently building a shopping centre (main tenants are Tesco and Aldi).

Also the schools are around a ten minutes walk. I can highly recommend the ACETNS (Educate together primary school).

Unfortunately it's not easy to get a school place there but might get lucky.

The only creche (Giraffe) is also great but they have a waiting list.

In the "old" part of Adamstown there are two streets (Castlegate Park and Castlegate Place) where a few dodgy families are living and causing trouble in the area (they're well known to Gardai) but this wouldn't affect you in Alderlie.

Unfortunately there have been a few car thefts within the area over the last two months but this can happen anywhere.

We bought a new built house here three years ago and like this place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 prads83

Thanks a lot

Advertisement