Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

harassment

• 09-02-2022 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

Hi everyone I am just wondering what is considered harassment in Ireland ?

As I have a on going issue for 2 years where I am being harassed by my neighbour over everything and anything (they follow me / girlfriend at night) and I have videos, photos, witnesses and I have wrote down all dates and times,

I have been to the Garda countless times over it showed them the videos and Notting basically said it’s not enough what I have and to keep recording, where do I stand on this as do I need to go to the super or gsoc ?

Comments

You need to read section 10, non fatal offences against the person act, 97

https://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1997/act/26/section/10/enacted/en/html

Also, new legislation last year

https://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2020/act/32/enacted/en/print

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Thanks for sending this on, I have said this to the Garda before the very laws and acts, there reply was you seem to know your laws …..

the next step is speaking to the super I think as I have no idea how I am going to fix this issue as it’s years and it’s getting worse and worse, I can’t write down some of the stuff and it’s so over the top you would not even believe it

Yes, if you or your girlfriend are anxious about this, I would suggest trying someone to maybe take it more seriously, maybe even a sergeant in your local station.

Is this guy a reasonably sound (in the head) guy? Does he make ye feel nervous, anxious etc does he do anything other then look at ye, as such?

That’s our next action plan is try and get a meeting with the sergeant,

we’ll all I can say about that We don’t know what is going to happen next as you think you hit the top but then tje next item tops that and so on,

it’s just embarrassing for us and I would sell the house if I could ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Contact a solicitor and take a civil action.

The proofs for a civil action are a lot less than required for a criminal (Garda) case

If your solicitor refers you to the gardai, he is either useless, or you don't have a case, and he's just pushing the buck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Write a letter to the Superintendent.

Thanks everyone sadly when I went up I could not make a apt to see the sergeant, said I have to call speak to someone else to make the apt,

hopefully this happens soon, again love to speak more about this but you would not even believe it once I get going

Write a letter to the Superintendent.

Another day another issue, recording of a clear threatening behaviour towards me on 3 cameras, isn’t a threat in the eyes of the Garda, all because I asked the person in question to not touch my property and to remove yourself from my property,

i give up I really do have asked for the 3rd time to speak to the super and no luck, Garda really protect people in the wrong

Post edited by Nicetrustedcup on

What 'does asked for the 3rd to speak to the super and no luck' mean?

• Advertisement

Fixed it was a typo

Well who are you asking?

If you want to speak to the superintendent, why don't you ring him or email him?

i Have and said I need to speak to a clerk and I have called and no luck every time, have requested to multi Garda at the counter, both my and partner have tired this,

also they won’t give out a email address when I have asked in the past

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Have you looked up the station on Garda.ie I'm pretty sure it has superintendents' details, used to anyway.

go online and look it up. Get in contact directly with the superintendent yourself.

There is an old-fashioned method of communication still in use, know as post. Get a piece of paper, Type or handwrite your complaint legibly and insert your own address as the origin at the top of the letter, and the Superintendent of the District as the addressee at the other side of the page below the level of your own address top and sign your name legibly at the end. Refer to a book on etiquette for salutations. Place the piece of paper into an envelope of appropriate size, seal the envelope and affix a postage stamp of the appropriate charge and place the entire in a post box. Post boxes can be found in most districts and are green in colour and marked with collections times.

So update apt made with superintendent, finally had to go to the head district to get a apt,

Wish me luck with this one !!!!

hopefully it works out for you. One bit of advice, know the law and be sure that this is a crime.

Had my meeting it’s all now being reviewed, let’s wait and see I don’t have any faith …..

however the best is that the neighbour has put up a camera in a peep hole to record my yard ……. So going off to buy something to block that peephole today

finally had to go to the head district to get a apt,

good for you.

however the best is that the neighbour has put up a camera in a peep hole to record my yard

report it to the gardai

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

If the Gardí are fobbing you off. I would make sure all your correspondence with them is by letter and sent by registered post. If the gardí have not taken a statement from you in written form (like an interview in the station that you then sign) you can either ask them to take a written statement or you can write it at home, send it by registered post, and ask for a "PULSE" number from them.

Advertisement