Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a question for frequent taxi customers

Options
  • 09-02-2022 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭

I Want to make it clear that i do not represent anyone involved in a taxi business , I was just wondering however , do people feel galway city is well served by taxis or are their a shortage ?

would also extend the question to those who live in the likes of Oranmore , Athenry , Tuam or Loughrea , do people who live in those towns feel they are well served by either taxis or even local area hackney operators ?

my guess is that the city is perhaps over supplied but the towns the opposite ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

I think there is a shortage of taxi drivers across the country currently. Many retired, changed careers during the pandemic or cut down on the hours they were willing to work significantly. Cant say I blame them too much, they were one of the most affected groups during lockdown.

On top of this, a lot of them got out of the habit of working nights & much prefer day time now, much less hassle & grief, more sociable hours too. I would say there's far more of a shortage of taxis at night & after the pubs then during the day.

If there's a gap in any market it won't long being filled. Basic Economics.

Might just take a little time to get up to speed given the last two years

Advertisement