Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grocery shop in Doolin

Options
  • 09-02-2022 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hi all, we’ve just booked to visit Doolin again this summer after a great stay last year. One thing that puzzled me during our last stay was the lack of a standard grocery/corner shop in Doolin. Is there any particular reason why there’s nowhere to buy the basics within walking distance? I found it odd! Hoping there’s somewhere I missed the last time to save jumping in the car.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭finbarrk

There is one at the cross as you turn off for Doolin on the main road. But you would need a car, if it was raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,559 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I'd say the main reason is a lack of people actually living there. There wouldn't be a 12 month window of customers at all, or at least to make it sustainable.

Anybody needing to do a half decent shop that is there can just go to Ennistymon etc.

Advertisement