Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Restaurant

Options
  • 09-02-2022 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Hi

There seems to be a very small choice of Chinese restaurants in Kilkenny but which would you recommend? Thinking of one near Nolan Park as seems to have good reviews? It's to sit down not take away. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

That’s your typical generic out of a frozen bag Chinese. You can do much better. Aroi on friary street or Lana top of Patrick’s st are much more appealing options. Lotus house usednt be too bad but not been in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

If it’s the Lion King you are talking about, stay away. It’s awful.

head to Aroi, much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

Thanks a million! Will try Aroi or Lana

• Registered Users Posts: 6 FlorenceDude

Tough one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Aroi is excellent, particularly for a sit down.

Lana is ok, maybe I have eaten there too much (nearby) but I feel the quality has dropped, certainly not in the same bracket as Aroi.

I havent tried any of the more old skool 'Chinese' restaurants in town. I would be interested to know who has the best spice bag.

• Advertisement
Advertisement