Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suitable amplifier for Tannoy Mercury M2 Speakers

Options
  • 10-02-2022 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭

I have 2 Tannoy Mercury M2 Speakers.

Unfortunately the amplifier that was powering them stopped producing any sound all of a sudden. The amplifier in question was a Cambridge audio A1 V3 as far as I can tell.

Anyway my 2 options are either get the amplifier fixed or buy a new one. I suppose getting it fixed could be very expensive. Also buying an amplifier of decent quality and a similar sound could be very expensive.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Should I get it repaired or buy a new amp?

What new amps are any good and provide a decent sound? I loved the sound of this amp, the bass was brilliant, it sounded like being at a concert, the sound was really natural and it could go very loud too. To get a modern amp that sounded as good as it I really don't even know if it exists or would cost a fortune.

Anyway I haven't a clue, please help.

Advertisement