Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entry to Ireland requirements

Options
  • 10-02-2022 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi All,

I've a work colleague who lives in the UK and they're planning on coming to Ireland in the coming weeks. They're not vaccinated but had covid back in October/November 2021.

I've done some research online and I'm confused as to what is exactly required in order to enter the country.

1) citizensinformation.ie site states the below:

2) dublinairport.com states the below:

3) gov.ie states the below:

4) gov.uk states the below:

If you've had covid in the past 6 months and aren't vaccinated, what do you need to show upon entry exactly? Am I right in saying that a covid recovery cert is sufficient and no PCR/Antigen test is required?

If so, how do you go about getting a recovery cert in the UK? Is it through the NHS?

Thanks all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Liberty_Bear

My sincerest advice would be to go with gov.ie which is the official source, straight from the horses mouth if you will

He will need to provide proof of recovery in the last six months (antibody test) or if not will need a negative Antigen/PCR test (dont know the time frame)

He also needs to fill in the PLF

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Huza91

Thanks Liberty_Bear however as posted above on the gov.ie site, it states that proof of recovery is acceptable however, how would they go about this in the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

That's up to them to work out, it's the country they live in. Otherwise, it might be easier to give £30 to boots or someone else for a recognised antigen test.

Advertisement