Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 [July 2022]

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I must be too conditioned from XC2 that I'm thinking the combat complexity is too easy... But then I'm only a few hours in... It'll probably ramp up in button mashing in a day or 2 🤣

Yup. There we go with combat and class complexity 🤣

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Only played for little while last night, up until I reached the colony, ran about collecting as much as I could and fighting everything for practice. The tutorials do an ok job of explaining things so far. It's good fun, music & voice acting are great, was surprised to see some swear words in there. 🙂

The only negative so far is the graphics in that starting area - the terrain looks like something from a PS2 game - haven't got to the areas you see in most YT videos though and they look much better thankfully.

Think I just got to that stage too, 7 hrs in and just into chapter 2 now. That Taion chap is some dickhead though. 😁

Ah he starts to grow on you... A bit... 🤣

About 11 hours in now... Might need to go back and read some of how all these arts and skills and things are meant to interact a bit more.

• Advertisement

The Training Drills are very good for that, I did some of them to remember how the combos etc work. Was just about keeping my head above water with the combat and then they added the master stuff in but I’m sure it’ll click in time. Not sure if you’ve changed any of the settings but setting Targeting to Classic and Enemies in Battle seems useful. The default camera position was too zoomed in for me so ZL and the right stick let’s you zoom it out, only spotted that option on screen by accident.

I also switched it from Normal to Easy mode when I lost a fight super early on, not sure if it was to an elite but the last thing I want to be doing is spending time redoing fights. Turns out Easy is maybe too Easy so may switch back.

I haven't changed any settings, might look into what you suggest.

Most battles are grand so long as your healer doesn't die - I'm still in the mentality of XC2 and green potions falling out in combat 🤣

I've almost level 10'd 3 classes per character at this stage and only hit 1 boss fight where I've had to retry (going in with 4 attackers, 1 defender, 1 healer wasn't a smart strategy! Though almost had him before the latter 2 croaked!)

30 hours in, 6 heroes unlocked, everyone lv 45ish and most classes up to lv 10... Yet I get distracted exploring and now when I dip back into main story I'm 20+ levels above the fights 🤣

I read getting to the sword is the 40 hour tutorial before the game really begins... So I'm about halfway there now 😳 😳 😳

Great game though, seems to be far more cutscenes and video than xc 1/2 but they really build out the interesting story. I'm also not obsessing over accessory and ability management like in XC2, I just refresh the auto-build option every so often and had no issues so far on normal difficulty. Honestly don't think I've spent a penny in any shop yet.

Just hit 55 hours and finished chapter 4... Still working my way towards the Sword 🤣

Came across this which explained the chain attacks better, I'd clearly missed some of the nuance when it was introduced such as what ending using a defender does, and how many characters are reactivated at what tp thresholds.

Getting the hang of some big(ger) chains now!

Seize the future you desire in Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Future Redeemed, coming 25/4!

This original story scenario is available exclusively via Wave 4 of the Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Expansion Pass.

• Advertisement
Advertisement