Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the final stages of build need advice on niggling issues

Options
  • 10-02-2022 11:16pm

Hey everyone. I've just finished up my build. Can anyone take a look and tell me what they think. the purpose of this build is twitch streaming, youtube content creation and maybe some music production. I have gone back and forth with the ram. The RAM i have chosen I believe isn't Samsung B die so I know that this could be harder to overclock. I would have gone Ripjaws V but after reading a lot of reviews it seems that the ram i have chosen might be a bit better because a lot of users from other sites weren't even getting the advertised speeds. Tell me what you think of this build, from what I want to achieve, do you think I should invest in Gen four SSD like the WD 850 4th gen or should I go with RAM that is Samsung B die or is this a build enough? I'm wondering if my cooler is good enough for the 12 600k even after overclocking, which I will eventually do. Just let me know what you think of the build in general and if you can help with the queries I pose

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/ozymax/saved/g4vnpg

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

re: PCIe Gen4

As for your parts list: are you buying in USA?

If not, use DE.pcpartpicker.com to see German prices.

---

Regarding the cooler, it's possibly enough for running the 12600K with power limits removed, but it will probably throttle when overclocking.

The 12600K runs hot so I would suggest a decent 280 / 360mm AIO. Arctic Liquid Freezer II is an easy recommendation, as are Fractal Celsius & Lumen series, and EK-AIO.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jon Doe

The RAM i have chosen I believe isn't Samsung B die so I know that this could be harder to overclock. I would have gone Ripjaws V but after reading a lot of reviews it seems that the ram i have chosen might be a bit better because a lot of users from other sites weren't even getting the advertised speeds.

As far as overclocking is concerned, I'm against it. Are you really going to spend time fiddling with BIOS settings so run a game at 65 fps instead of 60 fps?... Good for you... :P

Can anyone take a look and tell me what they think. the purpose of this build is twitch streaming, youtube content creation and maybe some music production.

If IO is important for you (USB, storage, cameras and other peripherals) choose the Z690 or H670, not the B660.

Tell me what you think of this build, from what I want to achieve

Understand that the Intel Core i7-12700 does have 12 Cores but they are not identical. It's a 8 hyper-threaded cores + 4 Atom cores (single threaded). That's why it a 12 Cores/20 Threads CPU. An Atom core, if you don't know, isn't much better than you cell phone's CPU. I think this is a very deceptive tactic by Intel... :( Have you considered an AMD build?

do you think I should invest in Gen four SSD like the WD 850 4th gen or should I go with RAM that is Samsung B die

It's not a matter of investment; more like performance. Get a 980Pro or a SN850Black for the boot drive. And for audio/video storage get yourself an HDD. For RAM, that an overclocking concern and I have better things to do with my time... Just stick a pair of LPXs 3200's in there and be done with it...

or is this a build enough?

For streaming and audio, yes.

I'm wondering if my cooler is good enough for the 12 600k

You have the 12700 in your list. Given Newegg's description the NH-D15 is a better choice.

even after overclocking, which I will eventually do.

My advice is: don't. You have better things to do with your time... :P Unless you don't...

Advertisement