Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motor tax - SCA problem

• 11-02-2022 8:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭

An elderly relative is trying to pay motor tax online, gets rejected each time. Something to do with credit card security. She's just given up. Is there any other way to pay it?

Seems very unfair to older people who are not good with technology.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭cml387

The old fashioned way of going in to the tax office. They are usually open from 9am to 1pm

Are you in a position to help? Most credit card transactions now require a mobile phone to receive a text message and that may be the problem here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,027 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The easiest way is for you or another person to pay with their CC/DC

Your relative needs to call their credit card provider to get their card re activated, the card has been blocked for security purposes. Similar happened my Dad and even though I told him what the problem was he said something completely different when he went to his bank, now I just pay stuff for him.

Advertisement