Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48 in Spain - Help - No data

Options
  • 11-02-2022 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

I am hoping you can advise me in some way . I've had an absolute disastrous trip so far . The gf and I landed in Barcelona quite late last night - 1 am . The hotel cancelled the booking because we were late , I couldnt get data so we didnt know ! We were stranded around Barcelona for hours until we found a hotel that would take us in.

I followed the 48 troubleshooting guide. Nothing worked. How can

I get this f'n data to work ? What a joke of a network. Safe to say, im switching

as soon as I get back .

Thank you for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Just back from yet another trip myself where no matter what I did or what setting I fiddled with, couldn’t get data roaming to work on 48. There’s a big general 48 thread a few posts down and full of the same problems.

I’ve an Eir SIM ordered. €15 a month but will be worth it not to have to deal with these problems when roaming.

Sorry I can’t give any help in getting it sorted, just wanted to let you know you’re not the only one.

If you do decide to stay with 48, I’d recommend getting a Vodafone SIM for future travels. They’ve a 5GB add on for €5 you can use for roaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dannijuno

Hi , Thank you for replying!

Its an absolute nightmare isnt it? I ended picking up a local sim , should get me by!

I think I might end up switching to Gomo , 14.99 and theres no issues like this. 48 is horrendous abroad!

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭3d4life

Have you seen :  https://community.48.ie/t5/Internet/Network-problem-in-Spain/td-p/56598 ?

For android :

Have you found the 'SIM tool kit' app on your phone?

You will probably need it to select 'operating abroad' mode

Also you may need to enter / select the APN ( viz :  48months.liffeytelecom.com )

All a bit of a PITA but it did work for me in Spain earlier this year ( except for a couple of days when I suspect there was a system issue as lots of 48 users in Spain as well as myself suddenly had no service )

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thousdands of Eir/Gomo customers were down for hours last week. Swings and roundabouts.

Advertisement