Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fennel Plant

Options
  • 11-02-2022 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

I have fennel in a pot since last year. It outgrew the pot, and I transplanted it into a larger pot in my garden. The ends are turning brown, but the rest of the plant is fine. Do I need to cut it back. Any advice on care of fennel plants would be welcome. New to vegetable gardening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Sinister music...if you plant a fennel in your garden it will increase and multiply and take over every inch of it, the paths, the gravel, the flower beds, everything. You don't have to care for it, it will more than effectively take care of itself!

Proper answer, it does tend to die back a bit/quite a lot during the winter. You can tidy it up a bit if you wish, but it will be fine.

Advertisement