Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tropical/ jungle style garden

Options
  • 11-02-2022 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi folks. Has anyone styled their garden tropical or jungle in their planting

its growing more and more popular in the uk and in the eu ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

My garden is far too exposed for that kind of planting generally, but there is one sheltered spot that will have a seating area in it and while I cannot say it will be jungle effect it already has a 'palm tree' (cordyline), a gorgeous magnolia tree, and I have a fatsia to put in so I am hinting at tropical-ish. It also has a mature sweet chestnut, that is not remotely tropical but the big leaves help with the effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

In a similar vein are there any palm trees that grow tall in Ireland? I'm about 1km from the coast here so not very much frost.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The cordyline that I mentioned is what is usually grown as a 'palm tree' here. It is pretty hardy and on the off chance that it does get hit by frost it will usually grow again from the bottom if the damaged stem is cut down.

Advertisement