Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 y.o Driver Dies in 2 am crash!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Shao Kahn

Poor little man. RIP

We all make mistakes in this life, especially when young and naive.

No child deserves an ending like that. :(

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself into our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah Ive a mate who stole his parents car at 15 and crashed it upside down into a ditch. He would have gotten away with it too bar that.

There is always a few kids when they hit a certain age they are just mad to drive a car. 12 is very young but kids are growing up a lot quicker these days than back in the 80s.

Anyway RIP to the boy and hope the truck driver recovers, a harrowing experience for him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Awful thing to happen tragic on a couple of fronts the whole circumstances are not really known so may be best not to be speculating too much about his family and his overall behaviour .

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭BattleCorp1

It's happened down my way too. It's a long time ago now but one kid near me took a car for a spin and crashed it. Luckily he nor anybody else was injured. When the Gardai called to his parents house, he tried to spin the yarn that the IRA had came and took the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,489 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

RIP to the little dude.

Its obviously a shocking story and more going on behind the scenes as to why he was driving a car, let alone at 2am.

What else can be said?

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Absolutely heartbreaking news to wake up to this morning. So very sorry for that poor child and his family. Their lives are changed forever now. Just heartbreaking. May he Rest In Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

FFS, you admit that you've no idea of what's going on, and yet go on a rant about liberals.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭BattleCorp1

I sneaked out myself too. Did lots of dumb sh1t. Most of us do when we are that age. This kid went a bit further than most of us though with tragic consequences. I haven't blamed his parents by the way.

You mightn't find it nice to read or in bad taste but others might be interested in having a discussion.

I'm generally against people calling for threads to be closed just because they don't like the contents of the thread. That's censorship pretty much.

@BattleCorp1 my post may have been unclear. I wasn’t accusing you of saying the parents were bad. I quoted another poster who is talking about the parents negatively. It’s that type of comment that I’ve found completely unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The lad was 12 nearly 13. He was in first year in secondary school.

From what I remember being that age we'd have being mixing with guys who were 14/15 easily at that age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Terrible situation, but the RTE website report includes a line, Gardai are trying to establish the cause of the crash. Take a wild guess lads. RIP to the kid

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NiceFella

Very tragic story, may he rest in peace.

Unfortuately there are many young lads who have a fixation with cars that really want to get behind the wheel as soon as they can.

A lad I use to go to school with use to drive around the estates in his mams car whenever he got the chance. He is the local mechanic now. He was always fascinated with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Why not? This is the second time in the space of a year (maybe two) a young boy has killed themselves while joy riding.

Maybe it's time to have a proper discussion about it.

Maybe parents need to be sitting their kids down and be having a proper discussion about the dangers of acting the maggot.

While the truck driver may not be physically harmed I'd imagine mentally he's not in great shape. Is this the end of his career now?

It could easily have been a car the boy crashed into. If it had been the driver of that car could easily have been killed.

Brushing things under the carpet because it's somewhat unpalatable is not the way to go.

I don't know what the solution is, but there definitely won't be a solution if there's no discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Allinall

Have a bit of cop on.

Why would they take a wild guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

A 12 year old driving a car was the cause of the accident

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Very sad but my sympathies are with the truck driver - not something he'll recover from easily. I heard it was a relative's car but very surprising for one so young. On the radio, now all the local priests being dragged out - whether they know the child or not. What a tragedy for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Well what were the circumstances leading up to the crash.

Was the lad in a vunerable position, as mad as it sounds could he have had a reason driving the crash, could there have being mental health issues etc are things that need to be investigated.

They don't take wild guesses, genius.

They use professionally trained forensic collision investigators to reconstruct exactly how the collision occurred.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,640 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

@wildwillow do not post in this thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,245 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Very tough on the family and condolences to them all.

Strange to hear RTE reporting of tributes were being paid to the young lad. Whatever the circumstances, fact is that he could easily have killed someone else or several people. Remember the poor family wiped out a few months ago, not too far - other side of Limerick iirc. So whilst we may sympathise, under no circumstances would I pay tributes to such madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Alias G

Those paying tribute are likely to have a far better idea of the kids character than you or I.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,749 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RIP, the jeep looked mangled on the news, he hadn't a chance the poor lad and that lorry driver being involved will haunt him for life

Speed Kills Slow Down Take Care On the Roads

• Registered Users Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

His family, school & sports friends are paying tribute to the child, not to the moment of madness that took his life.

Stop twisting things for your own virtue signalling needs. It's horrible.

Ten of Swords, with all due respect, this thread is only going to go one way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

Vehicles often look worse after fire services have used equipment like the jaws of life to get to drivers/passengers. An awful tragedy. While nothing can be done for the deceased I hope the truck driver receives professional support for something that he will have to carry for the rest of his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,749 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Yes definitely, cars and trucks can be repaired and replaced but lives cannot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭sporina

some v shocking comments on this thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

He left my 10yo kids PRIMARY SCHOOL last year unreal , rip dude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Some of the worst ones were already deleted by mods

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement