Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drink Driving CCJ

• 11-02-2022 1:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭

I've to attend court in relation to a drink driving case next month. Case is set for 11am. Can anyone tell me how long a case like this would usually take, and what the likelihood of it being delayed could be?

Have to sort out childcare and would like some idea. Obviously I'm not used to the court system!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭thefallingman

it depends on the day to be honest it could be delayed for any sort of reason and when you get in there you are in a que, once you get on the stand it'll last about five minutes if you please guilty, but longer obviously if you are contesting it, which all solicitors and gardai off record will tell you to do. Good luck with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Thanks. I'll just have to see how it goes so.

I should have clarified that I wasn't drink driving. I stopped another driver who was, so attending as a witness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭thefallingman

I'd say it could be a long one then unfortunately if a witness ect, i think i went in at 9am and left at 12 something like that but there was a good few ahead of me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

It could go on all day if you are unlucky. There might be 3 or 4 cases listed and they will be taken one at a time. Some cases last up to 2 hours.

Advertisement