Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 roisinoharaa

Just did mine was actually grand ! Infairness! I got a public order one at a luas stop. One of witnesses didn’t give address so I was doubting myself that I didn’t hear it but it was fine I knew he didn’t give it. They repeat their phone numbers twice in each video so you actually hear it 4 times and one woman’s last name was weird I couldn’t spell it myself but she actually spells it!! Best of luck everyone hopefully see ye in temple more😉😂 here’s to stage 3 hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MarkieMarxx

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭PCO2019

@roisinoharaa I had the same scenario as you, I had no idea what her last name was either! The second lad didn’t have an address but stated what his work ID was.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭king999

Email got about oom

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭JohnSmith98

Did the guys who've done the report writing already get a breakdown of the results? How many passed or failed etc?

Because I know I'm not the only one who found that to be really rather simple. Be very interested in how many actually pass or fail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭macmathuna1

So correct me if I'm wrong but would that mean that if people drop out fail etc. You can only move up/better in the oom?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Spook22

Correct, the number is actually now abritrary in the sense it doesnt literally reflect your ranking.

To explain that a little better, if you were 1000 OOM after stage 1, for example, and 200 people dropped out and failed Stage 2 who were ahead of you, while your number may still be 1000 for now, your effective ranking would be closer to 800.

After interview I imagine they will begin issuing us OOM again and those who are successful can expect their oom to improve significantly as a result.

Hope that helps explain things for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mc123

Anyone know how long it will take for them to get back to us about an interview after doing the report writing in wednesday?

Anyone awaiting an interview get an email? It says provisional leaving certificate results not accepted, I never got a full coloured in the post or anything just the black and white one the day the results were released

There's a run down of how long it took the first group if you look back on the last page...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭blinkinghinds

Yeah I don't even know if I have leaving cert results but I have documentation from college thankfully.

Sending out a message on Friday at 5pm looking for school results and then putting the deadline at 3pm on a Monday...

Yeah I have never actually received a full colour results for the leaving cert just the provisional results and anyone I’ve asked hasn’t received one either . Yeah poor giving out that email I probably won’t be able to get sorted by the deadline now

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Kerryman88

Is there a time limit on the report writing? Did ye have enough time?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 waitingroom

Iv had a read of the competition information booklet and can't find anywhere that it states original leaving certificate results must be submitted.

I think it's unfair to give us absolutely no notice on this, we basically have less than 6 hours to try get the results on Monday. I signed up for my results with state examination commission and it says can take up to 6 weeks.

Hoping to get in contact with my school on Monday but it's the middle of the summer.

Any advice from anyone ?

After coming this far I don't wanna miss out over not having original copy of results.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fluffypatcat

I think your best bet is to send in the copy of your L.C results that you have & they'll come back to you saying they need the original results.. you can then explain your predicament to them & it might give you some extra time to either get the original from exam commission or your school..I can't see what else you can do under the circumstances with such a short time frame.

Agreed, its pretty unlikely most people will have the original copy to hand, your school also wont have it.

State Exams commission is the only place that can give it to you, and the timeframe they insisted on will mean the majority of people cant comply with this.

It will go one of three ways:

1: They accept the provisional for now, and ask you to supply the original asap

2: They extend the deadline for that document for a few weeks

3: They stick to their guns and eliminate a large number of the top batch on this basis

If I was to guess, 1 or 2 are most likely, cant see them doing 3 if they want to fill a September intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 GDA hopeful

Yeah I have to get out to an agricultural college on Monday ask them to call for an official cert and hope that I can drive wherever they ring and collect it same day. I don’t know if that’s possible but it’s what I am trying anyway.

Ironically I got the official results incase I get asked for them but they aren’t good enough.

Time will tell I suppose.

Can anybody tell me what colour the original L.C certificate is?

Its an off-white page, the results pane has a few faint colours behind it, and an ornate blue border around it.

The page is of much higher quality and it has a little gold stamp/seal on the bottom.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

I have only the provisional myself, checked with a few friends then too and they all only seem to have the same

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭PCO2019

After reading the comments above I ordered the results this morning, I have no idea when I will receive same but I don’t want to be chasing any state body at short notice. It was €14:50, link below:

https://www.examinations.ie/?l=en&mc=ca&sc=co

Just reading through the comments here it seems to be a bit of a joke to be asking candidates for their leaving cert results and giving them essentially no time to get them. To be fair there is a one off line in the booklet we were told to read

>The onus is on candidates to provide documentary evidence that they continue to meet the eligibility requirements throughout the process and to update the Public Appointment Service and An Garda Síochána of any changes that might impact their eligibility

But still. I would say common sense should apply but the campaign as a whole seems a bit of a shambles

If Provisional Leaving Cert results are good enough for the students on the day they collect them they should be good enough for proof in this, if they had’ve said in the original formalisation booklet that Provisional wasn’t good enough everyone would have it sorted. I’d say 99% of schools are closed til end of august.

Just so we're clear the certificate with the little shiny sticker seal thing in the bottom right is the actual certificate we're going to need right? Whats the "provisional" results other people seem to have?

Correct, the provisional seems to be the black and white copies students normally receive.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

I had to go on search to understand the difference between provisional and original results, this explains it pretty well. So my understanding is that, until the appeal period ends on your results, they are provisional

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Conor1995a

Does anyone know if a picture of results and and ID will do or does it have to be a scanned copy?

• Advertisement

Hard to know, I imagine the recruitment manager is going to come in to a rather busy inbox tomorrow, so perhaps we'll get some clarity.

Advertisement