Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Cluedo93

@WallyBoy hey, no response yet! I'm kinda raging about it tbh! You think they'd respond when the deadline is this short.

Hello everyone, is anyone else finding it extremely hard to get a GP before the deadline? Earliest available for me is 27th of October. Bit of a joke giving us this short of a deadline considering it's hard to see doctors these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭macmathuna1

You could have arranged to see the doctor before they told you to do it... You knew it was coming up.

No actually they told me results would be 3-4 weeks so no point trying to book an appointment when there was no previous knowledge of it being this early.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 krtrssllx

I met someone at the fitness test who was from the 2019 campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭blinkinghinds

That's weird, whatever about vetting can't believe someone from 2019 hadn't done their physical yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 krtrssllx

Yeah they'd done everything else in 2019, interviews etc. Maybe deferred the fitness test or something... I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jaykerry

If there isn’t a WhatsApp set up for Batch 3. I can set one up if ye want to DM me your number and first name or whatever suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Starlight27

Hey anyone here done the fitness test and passed? If so could you give some insight to it please.

How did you find the fitness test? Any tips other than being fit obviously.

Is it as difficult as people say?

• Advertisement

Thanks for your insight. Do you find being stressed everyday after your shifts or does it depend on each day?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SausageRoll7

Practice runs. I did 5k runs and sprints. Every weekend leading up to the fitness I did the beep test. Get someone to watch you doing press ups and sit ups. They're extremely particular on correct form. Make sure your push ups are low enough to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sean3815

with the form B under general references it mentions “one of which to be a previous employer if applicable” but then underneath it says “nor should they be from the same employment.” Can somebody explain this to me, from what I can tell you can list previous employers but not current ones? Thanks in advance for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

There are still candidates waiting from 2019 campaign waiting to enter the college. I know two personally. With CoVid and vetting checks they were delayed, but they still will be given the opportunity when offered the trainee position. Years ago, panels used to be scrapped upon commencement of a new campaign, but it does not work that way now.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭JohnSmith98

It must be literally just a handful. It's been over 3 years since the last competition! Plus there's just 25 people in the college now apparently. And there also wasn't enough to fill the first planned intake hence why batch 1 and 2 have been merged and they're still desperately trying to scrape enough people to get a full intake in late November

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

Vetting for some can take years. Not sure why it’s quick for some and lengthy for others, regardless of previous addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

vetting is a lottery, takes a couple of months for some, and a couple of years for others. They have been working through a backlog of candidates with vetting outstanding since covid

Jesus imagine having to wait 3 years for something completely out of your control

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

unfortunately reality for some mate, ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 18 User 1234

A lot of strong assumptions here. Pre covid there would've been some people waiting 3 years for their application to be successful, so it would be no different now. The job is in need of numbers, recruitment costs money, they aren't going to say no to applications that are still processing because there is a new campaign.

To say you don't think a single person from a previous campaign will be going down to the college is a strong claim. Its this type of guess work that puts unnecessary stress on people from previous campaigns still waiting for their application to be progressed due to various possible scenarios out of their control such as vetting or an Irish entry exam if needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

A mate of mine applied in 2019 and started in 2020, a guy from his intake is still waiting for vetting too. Definitely can’t rule out others from older campaigns joining in with us.

I mean the assumptions seem fairly logical. They could only scrape together 25 in the college at the minute (obviously all from the 2019 intake) and they didn't have enough between batch 1 and the 2019 crew to get a full intake for October. Indeed they've had to merge batch 1 and 2 (over 300 people) to try and scrape together a full intake for November. I know this because I've been point blank told this during my fitness test.

Based on the above it's fair to say the number of the 2019 intake still waiting must be absolutely tiny. Which again given that the 2019 intake would have been waiting over 3 and a half years at this point it's entirely logical to assume that the 2019 intake is almost completely done

@WallyBoy I got a response from them. They didn't respond to my question about using a foreign doctor. :/@JohnSmith98

@JohnSmith98 no sorry, accident!

Hey guys, does anyone know anyone who lived abroad that it took a long time for vetting due to this? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 18 User 1234

You'll go far with assumptions. I wouldn't take everything as gospel either. As a person that went through the system before I might know a little bit about how it works and how it has worked for others previously. Best of luck 👍

Does anyone know if you can use a manager from your current employment as a reference if you have worked for them for over 3 years for the form B application, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭macmathuna1

@Sean3815 your current employer is already listed earlier in the form. That's why they don't want you putting it down again in the references section.

• Advertisement

Aaa

Advertisement