Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fletcher2022

Hi, anyone know when batch 3 have their fitness test?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭king999

7-11 of November

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kaya1

I’m in the same boat as yourself. I’m in the 1400s haven’t heard anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

I’m in 2600’s also, I definitely won’t be u til next year for sure ! Last time I e-mail PAS they said that only 1’300’s have been called forward! Hang on it! Your time will come.

Heya just in terms of pay scale if you have a level 8 degree do you start a few levels up on the pay scale after training college ? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Cheers for that what level on pay scale do you start on ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

I am advised by the Commissioner that, under the Garda Code, members of An Garda Síochána who, on appointment to An Garda Síochána, hold any of the qualifications listed below may, after completion of two years service, apply for additional increments as follows:

(i) One additional increment in respect of at least one Grade ‘B’ and two Grade ‘C’ in three subjects (which must include Mathematics and English or Irish) at Honours level in the established Leaving Certificate Examination or Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme; or

(ii) Three additional increments in respect of a Diploma or Degree from a third level educational institution. The Degree or Diploma must be full time, of two or four years duration, and be awarded by a third level institution recognised by the HETAC, or a recognised Irish statutory authority.

These increments are payable in addition to the increments for which the member might qualify under paragraph (i) above.

The Code makes no provision for payment of additional increments to serving members who complete Diploma or Degree level courses following their appointment to An Garda Síochána.

I am further informed that where the applicant completed a full time Degree/Diploma over five years due to for example taking a year off, repeating exams, etc, the member would still qualify under the code.

Each application is, I understand, considered on its own merits and is processed in accordance with the Garda Code.

You will jump up by three increments with the level 8 honours degree after you finish your probation. You fill out paperwork and apply for it. Hope the above helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Skipduke

Would I be right to assume level 7 degrees count to qualify for the pay increase ?

• Advertisement

Yes, I would assume also but in AGS don't assume anything 😅 you should email HRM to confirm to be 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Asdfghjkl1

Hey, so when do you think batch 7 would be likely if all going well to start in the college?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LAK23

Has anyone that has recently submitted the form B heard back about a date for the fitness test yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 deanrm

I sent form B, got an email to fix a few things then got an acknowledgement email of confirmation but no date for fitness test as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭JohnSmith98

Guards here getting an absolute pasting about recruitment. Well deserved I say. Only 70 starting November according to the article. As someone who's completed the fitness test, medical and sent off form B weeks ago this is incredibly annoying. I know I'm not the only one in this boat either

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pinktayto

Other half is in the exact same boat, very strange when they have people ready and willing to start in November. Who knows at this point it’s just a waiting game

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mrdeanj

In the 1400’s got called up stage two this morning, best off luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

Hi guys I don’t know if anyone got a message from public jobs this morning I did and they said they have called people of OOM up to 2551 so far and more is to be called so this is a good sign they are moving quickly through it like

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bobbyD1978

So waiting months in the early 2000s and they send a message giving a small window of a week. Only option is too wait for the next batch in another 6 months.

People leave the country sometimes ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭macmathuna1

What's stage two again the report writing? Could you not just do it while abroad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 cjmireland

Hey all, I’m in batch 7. Got stage 2 results, submitted the detailed application form and expect to be able to select an interview slot next month. Does anyone know how long they give for the interview (1 week of options or 2 weeks of options to choose from).

• Registered Users Posts: 45 deanrm

Nearly sure it was 2 weeks of options Tuesday to Friday one week and Tuesday to Friday the 2nd week.

Make sure to book your slot ASAP if you need to work around a job etc as the slots will fill quick.

Best of luck 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tipp96

Anyone else still waiting to get a date for the PCT next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kildare4321

Just got invite for Stage 2. Is it solely made of just a Report writing segment, or report writing along with the sections that were included in Stage 1? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SausageRoll7

Hey all, I got my PCT confirmed for next Friday. I have been practicing the beep test and other runs, I have also practiced the push ups and sit ups since before the interview stages. I’ve been struggling more so on the push ups. Would it be of any benefit now to go to a PT a week before I’m due to do the test for any pointers and advice?

I got an email yesterday confirming it for Friday the 11th.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭macmathuna1

• Advertisement

Advertisement