Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bobbyD1978

I didn't take my laptop and you need to be in private so no internet cafe if I could even find one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Holden8993

Hey all, just checking in to see if anyone from batch 1 or 2 has since received an invitation since that last email was sent out? Just trying to figure out if they have in fact sent out all invitations or if they are rolling them out still until the November 28th date. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jsmith22

Still rolling them out. Someone got one today

• Registered Users Posts: 24 laurak24100

Was meant to do my fitness test this week but getting acl surgery so can’t! I emailed them and they said to just contact when I’m cleared and they will unfreeze my application and I’ll be out for 9 months so they are very accommodating with injurys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jackm6

Hi all, deferred my PCT which was supposed to be on the 7-11th nov. Now it’s between the 28th nov - 2nd December, anyone else receive that date? Anybody know when you would start in templemore if successful in everything else after the PCT during them dates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 AgentSmith99

Does anyone have any quick tips for stage 2 report writing or any useful online content?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

I user career services for stage 2 found it very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sandybyrne7

@jackm6 I deferred too but haven't heard a new date yet for the PCT mine was supposed to be between 7-11th. Did you send off your GP clearance yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 krtrssllx

I deferred too they gave me the same dates 28th Nov - 2nd Dec.. was hoping for an extra week. They're flying through the batches.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭king999

I’m in same boat but gave in a gp certificate saying unable to until 21/11/22 …. So they not give you a new date until you send in a form from gp saying your all cleared ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 deanrm

I used gardaip's stage 2 for the report writing. I found the examples excellent, very realistic and more difficult than the actual example which I found trained you to a high degree and I put this down to how I passed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jackm6

Yeah I sent everything including the birth cert, gp cert etc and said I wasn’t available from 7th to 11th and they got back to me with the 28th to 3rd December date yesterday. They’ll probably get back to you soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 badgerboy123

stage 2 very straight forward, I didn’t do any prep course for it and don’t see how it could help. Save your money, your just watching a video and taking down details.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭macmathuna1

This.

Very easy stage. Save your money.

Its also pass/fail and doesn't affect oom.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kaya1

Is there a pass rate for stage 2 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ba2002

Hi, anyone who has submitted proof of eligibility ahead of their interview, were the documents submitted by post or can you submit it online? what documents were requested?.......Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Cluedo93

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone who received their offer has deferred it ? And is there a certain amount of time you're allowed to defer the start date by? Thanks in advance.@Pinktayto not sure why it tagged your name but it won't let me remove it 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AlexD94

Just completed Stage 2 there. Any idea how long it takes for the results to come out after the deadline on Wednesday? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭PCO2019

@AlexD94 I sat S2 on the 08-08-22 and the results were released on the 14-10-22 (9 weeks). I’m not sure will it be the same for the next batch of candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 may4535

Hi I'm going to sit it tomorrow do you think it's OK to hand write your notes as it plays my typing might not keep up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 mrdeanj

God I hope it's not 9 weeks wait .the address came fast.hope I did enough just to pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JM7215

hi folks, sat stage 2 over weekend. found the scenario straightforward but my computer would not allow me to take notes during the first video, for some reason it wouldnt allow me to type and i missed the opportunity to type notes for the first video, it began to work then just as second video was about to play again, got a lot of info down and made the time but am very disappointed this happened, not sure if its a glitch on my pc or on the server, should i contact them about it or a i wasting my time ? i got a good report together but still upset this happened.

@may4535 There's a text box beneath the video to jot down your notes. Writing them isn't allowed. Just keep abbreviating whatever you're typing and you'll be able to piece it together no prob in the final report 😊 best of luck!

@PCO2019 Could we'll be waiting the same length of time so. Cheers 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Flyingfast

Good afternoon all, has anybody who has received an invitation been informed of the course structure yet please?

I am wondering if they are adopting the hybrid course they used during the last year where some of the training is completed online and some based at a station rather than mostly Templemore based.

Would appreciate any information.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Cluedo93

@JM7215 I believe they had a helpline open for any issues that occured during the exam and this helpline needed to be contacted at the time of the issue otherwise they are not willing to help. Check back over the publicjobs message and it should mention it. Could be worth mentioning to them anyway though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 PJandmarymurp2022

Hi

How is the fitness going for everyone this week.i have mine tomorrow and dont think I will pass.Whats the story about resitting it.Any dates ?.

Padraig

• Registered Users Posts: 12 krtrssllx

@PJandmarymurp2022 if you fail you repeat with the next batch which are due down last week of Nov. Or you can defer to the following batch to give yourself more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AgentSmith99

Just completed stage 2, simple enough. Writing every detail down for the first round of the video then gathering any left over information the second round. After that just structuring the report. I looked up some examples online.

Post edited by AgentSmith99 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 kaya1

Hi guys,

I completed stage two just there. If you run out of the 40 minutes on the assessment do they just submit what you wrote out ? I presume they do. I’m just afraid that the system just resets itself and submits then.

Advertisement