Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Clono

i know that feeling, this is my second time going for it first time they lost my file an all one stage. i made a mistake on my vetting form so didn't get in did everything right this time. Have done everything met both sergeant and inspector already over three weeks ago and was told early or middle of January i should get a call. Rang them last Monday and they said suitability checks weren't back yet, emailed them yesterday morning and got the same response absolutely crazy. 2 on OOM

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Asdfghjkl1

Hey guys,

I done my interview and got placed number 10 on OOM. Does anyone know what this means in regards to intake? I’m batch 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Challenger11

Hey all just about to sit stage 2 was it hard the report writing worried about the typing end of things thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cici0912

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/120149576/#Comment_120149576 hey would you mind sending me a few pointers too would be brilliant! 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bobbyD1978

Folks, following this thread but I want to be sure:

You get the detailed interview form (with the competencies) before the interview right? Anyone know the time involved?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 joc2022

You fill out a form similar to a CV before your interview and your interview will be based around that form and the competencies. After that, you need to fill out the “Form B” which is usually submitted the week after you get your interview results and this form includes your relatives etc which is used for your background check.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AgentSmith99

I have a question not sure if anyone has any information on it but I thought I'd ask anyway, a bit embarrassing but sure look,

I have got 3 penalty points its my only offense it was for exceeding speed limit on the motor way. Would anyone have any info on whether that will potentially set me back from being recruited ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 erinjean

Heya did you get information about the competencies, and if so what heading is it under. I was told I should have information about it and interview prep but don’t seem to have anything

@joc2022 what's the competencies for the interview? She had to fill in a basic form last week after being told she passed stage 2.

Probably changed from my time. Is the competencies the usual stuff like teamwork, communication and so on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

These are the competencies for the interview, passed the interview a couple months ago so any questions just ask

Interpersonal skills & Service Ethos

Exercising Authority 

Conscientiousness 

Resilience 

Using information & problem solving

Fair play. I guess just an idea of what you spoke about for each one.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

you have to explain how you displayed each competency in your workplace, i user the star method, situation task action result! make sure you have two examples for each competency and be prepared for them to interrupt you when you are showing how you displayed the competency. they are a friendly bunch on the panel and can have a laugh off them

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DeiseGC

Hi Shane, would you mind sending me on the info in regards to stage 2 aswell please? I am doing it today. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 stephanieraff7

• Registered Users Posts: 2 stephanieraff7

Hello

Did anyone do stage two today? did the video keep playing or stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mikerso11

Hi folks , just got my offer today starting feb 20th , got a phonecall they said email will be sent afterwards. Batch 4

Seen a few people asking about medical results , dont worry i was told on the day i passed and never got anything official.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JD2913

Fair play lad. Quick question did you meet with the super and sergeant? I’m batch 4 myself still waiting for a call to meet them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 glenns141

Great to hear! Batch 4 myself and just have a meeting with super left🤞🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mikerso11

Yeah i had my Fitness/Medical and both meetings all within 10 days in early december! It all depends on where your from and the Sgt. and Super themselves how busy they are getting to your paperwork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 NathanS

Hi everyone, just wondering did anyone get to the final stage yet, the interview with your local Sargent. If so, can anyone tell me if they know what questions did they ask your references (work & academic) ? I'm waiting to be called for my interview any day now hopefully. Thanks any input greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Physeter

Just got an offer for Feb 20th. Batch 1.

I was bypassed on the meeting with the Superintendent, that looks to be optional on their end.

A word of advice for anyone fresh in this thread: Take the time to go through previous posts - the most common queries regarding the recruitment process have been talked about and answered.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Heyzeed

Hi, I'm doing mine later today, pls any help will be appreciate on how to go with the report written thanks🙏

Hi, I'm doing mine later today, pls any help will be appreciate on how to go with the report written thanks🙏

Can anyone who has passed the it was test give me guidance here please. I have to get minimum 6.6 on the bleep test, but can anyone give me an idea as to what it’s like as in distance, times for increase in speed etc, I’ve watched videos online of bleep tests but there are different ones I just want to know what the one I will be doing will be like. I appreciate it.

Also can anyone also help with what is tested in the medical? Do they take a hair sample and bloods?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭PCO2019

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Edsjd22

Just did the report writing exercise. Cant remember from the last time I applied but how long between doing the exercise and the results coming out??

Hi will u mind DM how it goes pls? Any hint on how to write it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 glenns141

Advertisement