Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lboylan96

Got an offer aswell for feb 20th was a nice surprise thought I’d be waiting till May

• Registered Users Posts: 2 j97

Hi all,

Fitness test is coming up in Feb. Any tips for passing/ info on what it’s like down there on the day..

In relation to the eye test, my eyesight is very poor. Does anyone know exactly what a pass or fail is in the eye examination? Have an eye test booked this week to find out what exactly I am.

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 joc2022

@erinjean @bobbyD1978 The form for the interview allows you to list your work experience/education/hobbies etc. This form allows the interview board to ask questions. The 5 competencies are the same for everyone as listed above in the thread and you must be able to give examples showing you have used these 5 competencies in your past workplace/ college etc on the day of the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Asdfghjkl1

Does anyone know if you can put a Garda down as a reference as in the local community Garda?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 glenns141

Yeah absolutely, I used my friend as a character reference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 toyforme

How long does the verification process take? regarding stage two report writing

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Edsjd22

@glenns141 thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10 fmccorry221

Medical related question!

I failed my hearing test and was given another chance to do it. Second time around, I think I’ve failed again due to being congested. I’ve never had any problems with my hearing. Does anybody know what normally happens here? Am I disqualified from the process or do they give me a chance to sort my ears out?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 toyforme

Stage 2. Report writing did anyone else's video keep playing on loop. Not very challenging at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KT678

Hey I was just wondering when did you do the fitness test and the medical @Iboylan96

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 lboylan96

I done my fitness test December 2nd and the medical on the 12th at the medmark on baggot street got the result for the medical on the 23rd

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AgentSmith99

Minimum requirement for the eyes is 6/18 if you are lower than that without glasses then you cannot pass the eye test. I advise asking the optician what your visual acuity is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LAK23

Hi all,

I had my application deferred for 3 months in early January as I didn’t meet the requirements in my BMI/Weight. My BMI came in at 31.1. I have lost weight since I’ve done my medical and my BMI now comes in at 28.3.

Do you think it’d be worth emailing to get tested for this earlier?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KT678

@lboylan96 that’s perfect thank you! I was just wondering roughly how long it takes on average to get an offer. I had my medical just Monday gone so it might be unlikely that I’ll get an offer for February but you never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

I'd give them or call or email and say you'd like to make another appointment, I'm sure they'd be glad to get it done early too!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭PCO2019

I submitted my Form B earlier and I was wondering if I should have received an automated email from the AGS side of the house ? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 deanrm

@LAK23 My opinion on that would be provided the 28.1 on bmi has you in the category of "normal" then it would be absolutely no harm in calling HRDP to explain this and that you've achieved the required bmi, they could even be impressed on how quick you've done it 👍 fair play and all the best 🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AgentSmith99

Y'all does anyone know if they interview is OOM based or Pass/Fail?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 deanrm

@AgentSmith99 definitely oom based in my experience anyway as I was in the 400s before the interview and 60s after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lpf1234

Just had my interview there, was tough but if you're prepped it should'nt be to bad, anyone have the time frame for hearing back with the results?

• Advertisement

@lpf1234 about a month I think it was👍🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭king999

Heya have fitness test first week of march just wondering how long after test the medical is ? And for anyone that’s done the medical how do they measure your bmi is just by height and weight or do they do a dexa scan just am on high side of bmi but have a good bit of muscle know over 25 bmi bad but heard others say as long as under 30 just wondering what peoples experiences where? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 thestar99

Hey guys, just did a fitness test with an audio I got off a friend in the college, did anyone find it’s just one constant rhythm throughout? As in there was no progression from slow jog to sprinting? Found it very challenging very early.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭PCO2019

Post edited by PCO2019 on

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ba2002

INTERVIEW QUERY: How long do you talk about each competency ? how long should the example be is 2-3 mins each competency enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TMG1990

The Garda one is different to all the ones you find online. Spotifys is way faster instantly . The Garda one has a decent progression through the levels

• Registered Users Posts: 6 erinjean

Hi guys just a quick question about the 5 competencies, can you bring it back to your personal life or does it have to be referring to work

@erinjean its your personal experience so can be anything you’ve done or been involved in👍🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 4 isitme1

Question for people who have a start date of Feb 20th.

In the email it says “A detailed letter and information pack will issue to you by email in due course”

Has anyone go this yet? As I haven’t and I got the email on January 20th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 ivan13

Hi all, quick question, if you get through to the fitness test, are the results ranked in order of merit or would you just have to pass the requirements that are set out?

Advertisement